A129 Duo crashing, not recording

My 3 week old A129 camera crashed on Monday and i have just realised, losing 3 days footage. Camera is wired to the usb on 24/7. Had an xiaomi cam which cost half this for 2 years and it never crashed once.

Anyone have a fix?

My 3 week old A129 camera crashed on Monday and i have just realised, losing 3 days footage. Camera is wired to the usb on 24/7. Had an xiaomi cam which cost half this for 2 years and it never crashed once.

Anyone have a fix?
Crashed how? Will it turn on? Any LED lights? Are you using the supplied 12V cigarette port adapter and Viofo USB cable?

Crashed how? Will it turn on? Any LED lights? Are you using the supplied 12V cigarette port adapter and Viofo USB cable?
Using supplyed viofo adapter and lead the recording led was on, nothing else. No buttons were responding and i had to unplug it for a while to reboot it. It must have been froze for 3 days after looking at the last saved recording.

Using supplyed viofo adapter and lead the recording led was on, nothing else. No buttons were responding and i had to unplug it for a while to reboot it. It must have been froze for 3 days after looking at the last saved recording.
What memory card are you using? So, is the camera working now?

I made weekly calendar reminder to reboot cameras on both cars, no issues so far.

Hopefully @viofo will fix this issue or will add daily/weekly reboot option in firmware if parking mode is used.

I made weekly calendar reminder to reboot cameras on both cars, no issues so far.

Hopefully @viofo will fix this issue or will add daily/weekly reboot option in firmware if parking mode is used.
Mine Froze again last night whilst downloading a clip via wifi. It got to 84% download and froze up requiring a reboot @viofo

Is it possible to do a reboot when the camera is hard wired without unpluging the unit. I have a 3 wire hardwire kit on route and will be installing it if i decide to keep the camera. If it keeps freezing up it may go back.

Which card do you recommend. Im using a trancend high endurance already and it was fine in my old cam.

right now any other card is good for testing, if it has been used in another camera make sure to reset it to defaults using SDformatter (do a full overwrite erase) and then format in the camera, not all cameras use the same parameters, formatting in the camera only resets the allocation table, it can still have compatibility issues if it had come from another device

it could also be due for replacement depending how much use it has had previously, memory cards are not red wine, they don't get better with age ;)

Is it possible to do a reboot when the camera is hard wired without unpluging the unit. I have a 3 wire hardwire kit on route and will be installing it if i decide to keep the camera. If it keeps freezing up it may go back.

Just hit record button to stop recording and then long press on/off button to shut it down. Press on/off again and it will start fresh. Definitely software bug, not SD card issue.

Can you please add daily or weekly scheduled reboots in next firmware ?
I was asking for this many time ago and the official answer was that is not supported by chipset. :(
But maybe with the HK3 hardwire kit this can be possible by adding some Menu Delay option.
I was thinking if is possible a Format reminder each 2 weeks for example, also a reboot could be implemented. Normally all dashcams which are 24/7 powered should have some auto-restart after 1 week. Maybe at 5:30 AM it is OK.

enjoy,
Mtz

STILL experiencing this same issue. No reply with a real solution from anyone. Should we all be returning our units? I bet THAT would get some attention and an immediate fix!

Not had any issues with mine, but I don't use parking mode.

maybe @viofo can modify next version of 3 wire kit to reset power to camera once ACC is detected ?

So you start fresh whenever you turn engine on.

maybe @viofo can modify next version of 3 wire kit to reset power to camera once ACC is detected ?

So you start fresh whenever you turn engine on.

that could be done in firmware, either way though if you're doing a restart you're going to lose some video while the camera restarts

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
We are going to do more testings for 3 to 5 days long recording, to see if any issue with camera.

Crashed again last night 2nd time in just over a week. I had rebooted it about 6 hours before. I have narrowed it down it is happening in parking mode. Looks like i may have to get in touch with the seller. Cannot use a dashcam which crashes and loose footage.

We are going to do more testings for 3 to 5 days long recording, to see if any issue with camera.
Mine has crashed twice now. Happens in parking mode with stock firmware. Any ideas before i return it. Really want this camera to work for me as i love it apart from the issue.

Back