A129 Duo Dual issues - new purchase from Banggood

lilac

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have installed a lot of dash cams, not new in this field with electronic background. I ordered A129 duo dual twice (weeks apart) through Banggood due to its amazing night vision and special price with a discount coupon code. Shipments were originated from China warehouse.

1st one almost DOA, getting more and more frequently screen freezes with or without rear camera under normal install
2nd one just received and still under testing, but already started with rolling lines on the rear cam screen under low intensity light.

Those 2 cams were installed under normal procedure as suggested by every dash cam manufacturer and same as for all other OEM cams. Samsung sd cards were used, format by cam itself, different Samsung cards were used to isolate the issue, same power supply were used on different cams 24/7 and all worked perfectly. So not the sd cards, not the power supply, not the install, not the adaptor, not the car related issue, not whatever except the cam itself.

Contacted Banggood, provided youtube links for demonstrating how it happened. She provided numerous of possible solutions, sounds like we know better than her limited knowledge as everything were clearly shown on youtube.

Finally offered $65 refund, unbelievable less than half refund offer for a new purchased items.

Very frustrated and disappointed with Banggood service and Viofo quality, wonder if they selling export or domestic quality?

If it is the cam problem, you can ask for a new replacement from the distributor.

2nd one just received and still under testing, but already started with rolling lines on the rear cam screen under low intensity light.
Use the supplied charger and cables, with no extensions, and it will work fine ;)

Viofo "A" series cams need a hotter-than-usual power supply for proper functioning, so best to use only the ones they supply or recommend without cable extensions which can reduce current flow.

Sadly, the level of service and assistance you're getting from BG is their normal :( And it's not just them, but practically all of the Chinese mega-stores are like this. It's the main reason most of us here recommend purchasing from a reputable local seller instead. You may also have purchase protection with your credit or debit card, or through paypal if you used their service. You might have to go to them for a good solution instead :cry: About half of my cams came from these stores, but I knew the chances I was taking and things have worked fine for me. If it does turn out to be a defective cam(s) then you'll just have to be persistent with them until they offer a reasonable solution.

Phil

Thanks for all the suggestions.

The issue is the cam itself, not the power supply related as we already tried different methods to isolate the issue.

But the main issue is the quality of the item shipped and the after sales service provided. My friends got ones from Amazon locally and they all function perfectly under same condition for over 24 hrs. straight.

Sadly those China sellers selling items pretty much the same price as Amazon, but cheaper if a discount code found.

Then, the item functioning like a domestic quality. So what we receive is no guarantee as our expected export quality as we order from US seller or fulfilled by Amazon.

I just send a PM to you, please check.
We noticed some Chinese store didn't offer good service, we planned to reduce more Chinese sellers in near future.

Honestly, I'd be too sketched out to use Banggood for any purchase of high value, especially electronics. Is there even an authorized/official Viofo store or distributor on there? Im too worried about counterfeit/fake products and dealing with order issues and returns is a nightmare. Even with aliexpress, I try not to buy anything over $20.

I've purchased three A129 duos so far (one for myself, others for family members) on Ebay from a distributor in the US and have not had any significant issues with mine in the 6 months I've had it.

The issue is the cam itself, not the power supply related as we already tried different methods to isolate the issue.
I'm not going to believe that until you have tested it with the correct power supply and correct cables...

Nigel,

I am not quite understand what is your question, really curious what u really want to say

As I mentioned way before, everything was done as OEM suggested, including the original accessories. We are not new in this field.

How anyone can use a different cable to connect the main body to rear cam? How the same set works fine for my friend's A129 purchased from Amazon?

if you still insist or assume that a non-original accessory was used which causes those issue, then it's all your speech freedom, but I don't think anyone will respond to it.

Everything is just common sense, plus this is not that difficult to figure out.

Nigel,

I am not quite understand what is your question, really curious what u really want to say
I didn't ask a question :unsure:

As I mentioned way before, everything was done as OEM suggested, including the original accessories. We are not new in this field.
No, you didn't mention before, all you said was "Those 2 cams were installed under normal procedure as suggested by every dash cam manufacturer and same as for all other OEM cams.". Plugging it into a charger provided with other OEM cameras may not work correctly.

How anyone can use a different cable to connect the main body to rear cam? How the same set works fine for my friend's A129 purchased from Amazon?

if you still insist or assume that a non-original accessory was used which causes those issue, then it's all your speech freedom, but I don't think anyone will respond to it.

Everything is just common sense, plus this is not that difficult to figure out.
So I'm still not sure if you have tried it using the Viofo charger and Viofo USB cable supplied with the camera, or only tested it with a charger and USB cable that works with another camera in another car? I do now know that you used the supplied cable to connect the rear camera to the front camera, but I would expect the problem you describe to be caused by the USB cable connecting the charger to the front camera.

If you don't tell us exactly how you have connected it then we can't help solve the problem!

Whatever Banggood offers, still way below the purchased price, painful experience.

Nicely, Viofo offers a reasonable solution which we still highly appreciate for taking the responsibility.

thanks for everyone's valuable inputs

Back