A129 Duo Ford Fiesta MK8

DJFern94

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had the A129 fitted into my Ford Fiesta MK8 (UK Model) with the 3 wire kit and I am experiencing some weirdness with the parking mode.

To start, the camera is on version 1.5 and the USB is connected via the camera, not the mount.

The camera is set to 10 minute intervals and using 5fps as the parking mode (as an easy test).

After being parked for 3 hours, I checked the SD card to see what had been recorded. The camera had been constantly recording for over an hour, switched to parking mode for 3 minutes and then went back to standard recording mode for the rest of the time.

I never see or hear the parking mode engaging, even after sitting in the car for 20 minutes with the car locked. (At which point I clicked the menu button on the dash cam, setting off my car alarm).

The 3 wire kit is attached with the ACC to Fuse 3 and the BATT to Fuse 4.

Am I doing something wrong?

image.png

IMG-20190403-222111.jpg

First off all check circiuts using multimeter. Some circuits are powered all the time, even that they seems to be powered only while driving.

Probably not connected properly or to the proper fuses. You have yellow as the accessory (fuse shuts on and off with the car) and red wire to battery (always on fuse) correct? Check with a multi meter to make sure the fuse slots are doing what you think they are.

Hi,
Same Ford Fiesta MK8 here (EU model).
Using VIOFO HK3 with A129 Pro Duo.
I have connected ACC to fuse 1-2 and BAT to fuse 10, but it does not seem to work well.
Sometimes camera work in parking mode for 2 hours. Sometimes it turns off right after 5-10 mins. HK3 switch is set on the very minimum (11.4v I guess). So I can't be 100% sure that my wiring is right.
20200819_183815.jpg

Also here Ford Focus MK4 with same fuse box. And @jokiin tells to connect BAT to fuse 24 and ACC to fuse 17 :unsure:.

Last edited:
Hello, I have a mk8 fiesta from 2018. Did anyone here manage to find the correct fuses for the red acc and yellow Bat wiring? :)

Back