A129 Duo Front Cam Beep

kevindd992002

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Dash Cam
A129 Duo
This is the first time I've encountered this and I hope there's an explanation to it (not an issue). So basically I was driving earlier and the front camera just gives me an short audible notification beep which I don't know what it was for. At first I though it was the G-sensor activating because I have it set at medium sensitivity. So I decided to check the contents of my memory card and I didn't see any files in the RO folder for today. This unknown beep sound happened twice during my drive and I can't really think of anything that might've caused aside from the G-sensor. Does the G-sensor give out a beep when it activates?

Probably either a slow memory card - give it a format.
or a poor connection to the rear camera - check the cable and connections.
Possibly a low voltage - use the standard power cables, not third party ones.

* I'm using a Samsung 128GB EVO that I got from Amazon but I'll give it a try and format it.
* I'm using all standard-issues cables from Viofo with the 3-wire hardwire kit installed (also from them).

Did you notice what was displayed on the LCD when the beeps occurred?

Not really because the front camera is out of my view while driving.
Likely suspects will be power supply and memory card, however with the DUO, rear camera connection will suspect as well. Make sure rear cable connections are good. Next time you hear the beeps, try to look at the LCD screen to see what it displays. If it's showing the front camera only, then you'll know the issue is the rear camera disconnecting.

Likely suspects will be power supply and memory card, however with the DUO, rear camera connection will suspect as well. Make sure rear cable connections are good. Next time you hear the beeps, try to look at the LCD screen to see what it displays. If it's showing the front camera only, then you'll know the issue is the rear camera disconnecting.
Power as in unstable voltage from the electrical system of my car? What kind of issues with the memory card? If it was the rear cable connection, then I would see discrepancies in the file "pairs" stored in the mem card, but I can't see any abnormalities when I checked the files.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Power as in unstable voltage from the electrical system of my car? What kind of issues with the memory card? If it was the rear cable connection, then I would see discrepancies in the file "pairs" stored in the mem card, but I can't see any abnormalities when I checked the files.

So during the times when you heard these beeps, the front and rear camera files look fine? They are the proper file length (1, 2, 3 minutes)?
There was a user about a month or so ago that experienced a similar issue that turned out to be the power source. They weren’t using the VIOFO adapter. Once they switched, everything was fine.
If all your files look fine around the time of the beeps, then I’m not sure what the issue would be.

So during the times when you heard these beeps, the front and rear camera files look fine? They are the proper file length (1, 2, 3 minutes)?
There was a user about a month or so ago that experienced a similar issue that turned out to be the power source. They weren’t using the VIOFO adapter. Once they switched, everything was fine.
If all your files look fine around the time of the beeps, then I’m not sure what the issue would be.

Yes, I have loop recording set to 3 minutes and all the file pairs look about the correct size (around 300MB each). If it was the rear camera connection, then for sure the rear file will sort of reset itself in recording.

And yeah, all my cables are directly from VIOFO. I have to observe more, I guess.

@viofo do you have any ideas?

Yes, I have loop recording set to 3 minutes and all the file pairs look about the correct size (around 300MB each). If it was the rear camera connection, then for sure the rear file will sort of reset itself in recording.

And yeah, all my cables are directly from VIOFO. I have to observe more, I guess.

@viofo do you have any ideas?
I would make sure they are the correct length though too. Also, you'll be able to hear the beeps in the video, so if you know about when they occurred, you could watch those files and listen for the beeps. If you hear the beeps in both files (front and rear), you'll know for sure there's no issue with the cables or card.

Probably either a slow memory card - give it a format.
or a poor connection to the rear camera - check the cable and connections.
Possibly a low voltage - use the standard power cables, not third party ones.
+1

I too have experienced random beeping, this happened to me after a FW upgrade. I reformatted the card and beeping has gone away.

I would make sure they are the correct length though too. Also, you'll be able to hear the beeps in the video, so if you know about when they occurred, you could watch those files and listen for the beeps. If you hear the beeps in both files (front and rear), you'll know for sure there's no issue with the cables or card.
Yes, they arw the correct length.

I already reformatted the mem card but I'll keeo that in mind the next time I hear a random beep. Thanks.
+1

I too have experienced random beeping, this happened to me after a FW upgrade. I reformatted the card and beeping has gone away.
I just reformmated mine and I'll see how it goes.
random beeps are indicative of a memory card issue, check your card for errors
Errors such as what?

I've just experienced a random single "beep" every so often. The screen didn't display, but when I pressed the menu button to turn the screen on, I could see the counter displayed top right had started counting down again. Formatted the card and it went away. I suspect it's because the card had filled. Card is a Western Digital Purple 256gb.

I getting the same issue after i update to Version 1.9 from 1.5. Dashcam was running 6 Months issue free.

Mine was doing that for the past couple days, too. (even after a re format) I figured maybe the rear camera cable was loose, but apparently not.

I replaced the memory card this morning with a Sandisk Extreme 256gb u3 card, and it hasnt happened once today so far. Perhaps it had something to do with the speed of the old card, combined with 1.9?

Ill let you know if it happens again with the new faster card. Before, I had a regular A1 Sandisk 256gb card, which has been in there since December 19th or so.

Back