A129 Duo intermittent issue

cubic25

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey all,
I just installed a A129 DUO in my wife's Fiat 500X

I'm not sure if it is an issue with the way I have installed the hardwire kit, or an issue with the cam.
I have park mode setup to record constantly at low bitrate. It doesn't record at all when the car is off.
When she starts the car, it constantly beeps for around a minute, then stops recording. After a minute or so, it will start up again and continue recording and will be fine for the rest of the trip.

I have the ACC wire tapped into the F16 fuse location in the engine bay fuse box, which is meant to be the Fuse for the Engine Control Module Power and Automatic Transmission. I then have the red+ wired into the positive at the battery and black- in neg.
When I was doing my testing, this fuse only got power when the car was on, so I figured it was perfect for the ACC wire.

Could using this fuse location be the issue? If so, what other fuse could I tap into?
I have to hardwire kit plugged directly into the camera, and not the mount, as was advised elsewhere.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I should add that I also have these cams setup in my work van and they seem to work perfectly fine. In the work van, the hardwire kit is wired differently, (connected to my amp), but the camera settings are exactly the same as my wife's, which leads me to believe it is the fuse I have tapped into being the issue.

Last edited:
Strange.

How about swapping your work van and wife's A129 cameras over, then we will know if the problem is in the camera or car/hwk. Leave the memory cards in their current cameras so not to confuse the results.

I can't believe I didn't think of that!
I've already re-formatted the SD card. Tomorrow I'm going to double check the fuse. Once I've confirmed everything should be working, I'll swap them over and see what happens.

Back