A129 Duo Lost Power

Travis959

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had my A129 Pro Duo working fine with the official hardwire kit for about a month or so, now I cannot get any power to go to the camera from the fuse taps I installed. When I use the multimeter, the battery wire has 12.4v when the car is off, and 14v when the car is on.

However I cannot get the switched fuse to show any volts now whether the car is off, accessories on, or completely turned on. Is this why there is no power to the camera? Does the hardwire require the yellow wire for power too? I've tested the fuse and it is fine and swapped it for another anyways, but I cannot get any voltage to show up on this fuse now. I'm using a fuse box in the trunk and I'm not sure there are any other switched fuses I can use, but I will try to find one. The only other one I knew of didn't have any voltage either.

Possibly a bad ground? I've grounded it directly to the negative terminal on the battery, but I may try another ground point.

So far, I've tried replacing fuses in the fuse taps, replacing the fuse taps, and even bought another hardwire kit thinking maybe that went bad, but still nothing.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Hi there, the hardwire requires the yellow wire for power. Instead you should buy a new one as I had similar problems like you.

Taxmycar

Last edited:
Back