A129 Duo no live cam view in app. Is there a fix?

The app on my IOs device requires me to go into airplane mode and then turn on wifi only. Then connect to the Viofo. It will not work with bluetooth and cellular active.

The app on my IOs device requires me to go into airplane mode and then turn on wifi only. Then connect to the Viofo. It will not work with bluetooth and cellular active.
Yup it works now!

Glad I found this. Thought something was wrong with my A129 Duo since I could never see a live feed, but tried the airplane mode and it worked. Wonder why they did this and if it'll be fixed in the new update.

This are not unusual for Android devises, i am pretty surprised it is necessary with IOS thingies, it have traditionally been the 1 point where IOS have a advantage over Android devises connecting to something.
New Firmware or APP will probably fix this in the future.
Myself i am in double peril now as it seem having a VPN on your devise can also mess up things like this.
I can not sent or receive a text with a pic in it before i turn off my VPN, but plain text are no problem. ( don't know it it is general or just with my choice of VPN )
Just saying if you have VPN on your devise problems like this might also be caused by that.

Please help if possible.

Because it isn't intended to support the feature. When you turn on Wifi, it decreases the bitrate of the video being recorded (so I was told early on by many who chastised me). Therefore, the Wifi feature to let you view videos affects performance. Therefore, the lack of a live view is by purposeful design. Except for the tiny screen provided on the camera.

Back