A129 Duo not entering Parking Mode anymore

Abuser

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I have the VIOFO hardwire kit and it's been working for about 11 months with no issues. When I first got the dash cam I was using the original firmware and then moved to the modified firmware and it was working great. The dash cam would enter parking mode with the low bit rate recording settings with no issues. I just decided to go back to the original firmware to use the auto detection parking mode settings and now it doesn't enter parking mode at all. When I turn the car off it continues to function as if the car was on. I tried turning parking mode off and it still stays on when the vehicle is off. I tried changing it back to auto detection and low bit rate mode but it still stays on without switching to parking mode. I tried powering the car on and off, accessory on and off, and nothing seems to work. I even tried turning the car off, unplugging the dash cam from the GPS unit and then plugging it back in after some time and it still starts up like normal, no parking mode.

The firmware version I'm using is V2.1.

The dash cam plugs into the GPS unit. Again, everything was working fine until I decided to switch back to the official firmware. Does this version have a known issue with parking mode? Is there a different version and link to it that seems to be more stable for parking mode?

You can try V1.9.

Just remember when changing firmware, you need to manually default the camera in the settings, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

You can try V1.9.

Just remember when changing firmware, you need to manually default the camera in the settings, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.
Thank you for your response, I tried resetting the dash cam using both methods and tried the older firmware but for some reason, it still doesn't activate parking mode.

Thank you for your response, I tried resetting the dash cam using both methods and tried the older firmware but for some reason, it still doesn't activate parking mode.
Try applying power directly to the camera.

Back