A129 Duo onto 7" DVD Screen

johns8tj

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking to get my A129 to run so I can view it on my screen. I mostly want this so when I'm backing up I can use it as a reverse assistant.

I'm taking it to get professionally done but he had questioned the AV out with the headphone jack... I believe it's 3.5 but he was plugging something into it saying it wasn't going to work...

I'm trying to get it hardwired into my system so it doesn't have to be plugged into my lighter outlet while also having it hooked up to my new head unit I"m having installed.

I was just going to buy some monster 3.5 to RCA cables from Walmart and drop those off with the install.

Any suggestions?

Heading into a GMC Envoy.

Thanks in advance

if you have a head unit with a display that has input for a reverse camera do yourself a favour and get a proper reverse camera to go with it, the results are going to be much better

I connected Viofo A129 to the car display with 3.5 to RCA cable.
Is it possible to play recorded videos?

check the manual, when the camera is in standby one button will enter the file view, another will play, I don't know which buttons they use but it will be in the manual

check the manual, when the camera is in standby one button will enter the file view, another will play, I don't know which buttons they use but it will be in the manual

OK, here it is (User Manual page 15):

Playback Videos
Under standby mode (not recording), press [ ! ] button to enter the playlist.
Use the arrow buttons [<| |> ] to select the desired video and press the button [ ! ] to play.
Press the [ = ] button to exit.

Back