A129 Duo parking mode power option?

jimy

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello
I ordered a viofo a129 duo. But i have some questions regarding the parking mode.

I want to be able to record footage when my car is parked. Now due to waranty regulations i cant hardwire it to the fuse box.
Now i want to use a powerbank but i have these questions:

1 will it work with the parking mode?
2 If it does what are the settings to let it work?
3 I'm from Belgium in the winter it will not be colder than- 10°c / -15°c but in the summer it could be maximum like 40°c - 45°c . Is this dangerous for a powerbank to stay in the car because it will be much hotter in the car when parked in the sun? (the car is parked outside because i dont have a garage)

Some note's
i want to be able to record for like a full day (to be safe it won't die on me) when the car is parked.
the powerbank will only be connected when the car is parked. When i'm driving i just use the sigaret lighter.

Thank you in advance for any help.

1. It will work if it has power, and the parking mode will activate after 5 minutes of zero movement.
2. You can use any of the parking modes, just set the parking mode menu to something other than "Off", I prefer low bitrate mode.
3. Do not charge the power bank if it is less than freezing, for -10 you can take it into the house and give it an hour to warm up before charging. It can be used to power the camera from about -40°c up to 60°c, but do not leave it sitting in the sunshine, put it somewhere cool away from the sun.

Thank you for your replys
1 last question what would be a good powerbank to power the dashcam? Just any 5v will do or?

I think there are just 3 minutes.

enjoy,
Mtz
A129 Pro seems to take 5 minutes from power on, maybe it is 3 minutes if already running though, I think the timer may get reset when the GPS gets a lock.

The A119V2 and A119V3 take 5 minutes to enter parking mode without the 3-wire kit, so I assume the A129 is set the same, but have not tested.

Thank you for your replys
1 last question what would be a good powerbank to power the dashcam? Just any 5v will do or?
Any USB power bank should be fine, but I would go for one of the better brands rather than the cheapest. The cheaper ones often don't produce the full 5V when under load and you need one to cope with the heat and vibration in the car along with regular use.

Any USB power bank should be fine, but I would go for one of the better brands rather than the cheapest. The cheaper ones often don't produce the full 5V when under load and you need one to cope with the heat and vibration in the car along with regular use.

ok thank you. I was thinking about a anker powerbank 26800mah. Think that is a good choice

Back