A129 Duo: Pre-purchase questions

HEZEUS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good morning to each of you
I'm pretty sure there is an A129 Duo purchase in the near future
Here are some questions about it
(Pardon my ignorance. It is present in abundance; & reveals itself often)

WIFI
Does the camera set up its own Wifi network which is then accessed via the App by devices such as smart phones; or is an internet connection in the car required?
VIDEO OUT
Is there a way to hard wire the video out to an exsiting monitor in the car?
REAR CAMERA
Has anyone come up with a way to connect a different manufacture's camera to the A129?
I'm specifically hoping to find a weather proof camera that will receive exposure to the elements.
REAR CAMERA CABLE
What is the longest available connecting cable from front camera to rear?
It is 20' in a straight line( not accounting for changes in elevation and curves) from windshield to camera location in my truck
I think that will add at least 4'.

Would it be possible for me to extend the cable myself either by making an extension with the approriate connectors, or by splicing in length of cable within the run?

Looking forward to your replies
Best
Ed

WIFI
Does the camera set up its own Wifi network which is then accessed via the App by devices such as smart phones; or is an internet connection in the car required?
VIDEO OUT
Is there a way to hard wire the video out to an exsiting monitor in the car?
REAR CAMERA
Has anyone come up with a way to connect a different manufacture's camera to the A129?
I'm specifically hoping to find a weather proof camera that will receive exposure to the elements.
REAR CAMERA CABLE
What is the longest available connecting cable from front camera to rear?
It is 20' in a straight line( not accounting for changes in elevation and curves) from windshield to camera location in my truck
I think that will add at least 4'.

Yes, need to connect to the camera's Wi-Fi network.

AV out is available.

No other options as of now.

Rear camera cable is 6 metres.

Would it be possible for me to extend the cable myself either by making an extension with the approriate connectors, or by splicing in length of cable within the run?

Extenders and adapters are not available or recommended.

No internet required in the car.
Harsh answered most of your questions, but VIOFO does sell an 8M cable (26~ FT).
In the box, it comes with a 6M (19~FT).

Back