A129 Duo rear camera

dude2017

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A 129 Duo
who has the rear camera mounted on the rear instead of the rear?

I think you mean front. Haven't come across anyone doing that, I tried it as a side cam.

If the discs are darkened behind then bring the camera or hardly anything. I think you could also attach them in the front

I think he is asking if anyone had their A129 front cam installed in the rear and the rear camera installed in the front.

Mount both cameras at the front

curious why 2 in the front? maybe you have rear coverage already? or don't care about the rear but double care about the front lol. just curious why...

curious why 2 in the front? maybe you have rear coverage already? or don't care about the rear but double care about the front lol. just curious why...
to get more sides coverage. I had that idea. :)

We are developing an IR version which will support to record interior.

An IR version of the A129 DUO is something that I would really be interested in buying... I assume about 3 weeks for that to be ready? /snark

Normal IR will generate heat and its only focus on center point. So far im pleased on Hikvision EXIR pattern cctv.

Can you explain what that is? Is it a rear view with the inside of the car in the shot as well?
It will be the same as the current rear camera but without an IR filter on the lens and maybe with some IR LED lamps to illuminate the interior of the car so that it can see in the dark.

If you drive a taxi then you can point the standard rear camera at the interior already, however it wont see much in the dark even if you add an IR lamp because it is fitted with an IR filter. Also it might need a different lens since not all lenses focus IR light well, to get a good image you need a lens that is designed to work with IR light.

It will be the same as the current rear camera but without an IR filter on the lens and maybe with some IR LED lamps to illuminate the interior of the car so that it can see in the dark.

If you drive a taxi then you can point the standard rear camera at the interior already, however it wont see much in the dark even if you add an IR lamp because it is fitted with an IR filter. Also it might need a different lens since not all lenses focus IR light well, to get a good image you need a lens that is designed to work with IR light.
Right, not all of the lens can work with IR light, need a lens which can focus at daytime and night time together.

If you drive a taxi then you can point the standard rear camera at the interior already, however it wont see much in the dark
and most likely you won't see much recognizable outside of a car.

and most likely you won't see much recognizable outside of a car.
Depends where you point the camera, but the mirror cams normally see both the interior and the traffic movement on the outside. Not much chance of reading a number plate behind because by the time it is close enough it is likely to be out of view, and there are also exposure issues, if you want a clear image of the inside then you need to let the outside be over exposed in daylight, if you don't mind a dark image of the inside then you can have the outside OK, as long as your camera has an exposure mode that will expose for the outside instead of the area of image normally occupied by the road.

Back