A129 Duo rear camera

Depends where you point the camera,
if you point the camera in the interior toward the rear window that interior surround from all the sides of the picture will keep the camera within inside lighting conditions. it's like you drive under overpass in a shadow while outside is lots of sun.
2018_0915_133856_424.MP4.jpg

We are developing an IR version which will support to record interior.

So besides how long this will actually take to become available, I would also like to ask if the IR-equipped interior camera would be a simple drop-in replacement for an already existing A129 rear camera? In other words, could I use this not yet available IR-equipped interior camera with an A129 front camera/main unit that is available today, or will some part of the main unit also need to upgraded/replaced (other than just upgrading the firmware)?

Thanks

I don't think the main unit must be updated. Maybe the firmware will be different.

For me the biggest question is: how long will be the cable for the slave camera?

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't think the main unit must be updated. Maybe the firmware will be different.

enjoy,
Mtz

I had responded directly to Viofo because it doesn't really matter what any of us thinks -- but rather what the manufacturer foresees based upon its own specific knowledge of the product and its roadmap for its future.

So besides how long this will actually take to become available, I would also like to ask if the IR-equipped interior camera would be a simple drop-in replacement for an already existing A129 rear camera? In other words, could I use this not yet available IR-equipped interior camera with an A129 front camera/main unit that is available today, or will some part of the main unit also need to upgraded/replaced (other than just upgrading the firmware)?

Thanks
The IR version can be also used current A129 front camera.

For me the biggest question is: how long will be the cable for the slave camera?

enjoy,
Mtz
Some users already use the rear camera like this, they require a 30cm rear cable, is it OK?
129.jpg

Some users already use the rear camera like this, they require a 30cm rear cable, is it OK?
what is that front to rear cable, really?
is it just a charge+data cable with some extra insulation and miniUSB connectors at the ends?
if I want to put that rear camera on my door facing outside, I would need a cable like 1.5 meters (not measured yet), where could I get that cable?

what is that front to rear cable, really?
is it just a charge+data cable with some extra insulation and miniUSB connectors at the ends?
if I want to put that rear camera on my door facing outside, I would need a cable like 1.5 meters (not measured yet), where could I get that cable?

it's 10 pin USB, not a standard mini cable

is this the one?

usbpin.jpg

that's the type of connector, I wouldn't use just any cable though, if the cable is poor quality you will have issues

Reactions: Mtz
that's the type of connector, I wouldn't use just any cable though, if the cable is poor quality you will have issues
that's understandable. I wonder if @viofo would make 2-3 cables of different length.

different length cables is no issue, not sure how viable a 1.5m cable is, we do them in various lengths for ours but I don't know that we would find much call for a 1.5m version

different length cables is no issue, not sure how viable a 1.5m cable is, we do them in various lengths for ours but I don't know that we would find much call for a 1.5m version
I said "1.5" meters just for example. could be 2 meters. I want to be sure I can find the cable I need.

I said "1.5" meters just for example. could be 2 meters. I want to be sure I can find the cable I need.

we do them in a bunch of different configurations, straight, left, right connectors, and various lengths, 55cm, 3m, 3.5m, 6m, 6.5m depending on the application, you really do need something that's made for this purpose though, if it's not intended as a camera connecting cable it's unlikely to work without interference or connectivity issues, regular USB cables aren't good enough for this

we do them in a bunch of different configurations, straight, left, right connectors, and various lengths, 55cm, 3m, 3.5m, 6m, 6.5m depending on the application, you really do need something that's made for this purpose though, if it's not intended as a camera connecting cable it's unlikely to work without interference or connectivity issues, regular USB cables aren't good enough for this
that's understandable. thanks, jokiin!

I had responded directly to Viofo because it doesn't really matter what any of us thinks -- but rather what the manufacturer foresees based upon its own specific knowledge of the product and its roadmap for its future.
The IR version can be also used current A129 front camera.
Same answer as mine. I put the think word just to be polite.
I know is hard to believe but some of us have more knowledge or informations than you expect from a user. And this is adding the value and power of a good forum.
Maybe 50cm is safer? The big question is if the user will want to put the cable ”in the air” between main camera and slave or he wants to put it under the roof and then down to the slave camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

Same answer as mine. I put the think word just to be polite.
I know is hard to believe but some of us have more knowledge or informations than you expect from a user. And this is adding the value and power of a good forum.
enjoy,
Mtz

In advance of a response from Viofo, the actual manufacturer who happens to be available in this forum, your answer was at best only a presumption, a guess. Should you had been incorrect, would you then offer to reimburse anyone who bought an A129 today and then could not add an IR camera to it later?

After a direct response from Viofo however, your response could have been considered useful and appreciated distribution and dissemination of more reliable information.

And I happened to guess too that it would make most sense to have an IR camera be plug and play -- for various reasons. But I asked for a more certain response.

In advance of a response from Viofo, the actual manufacturer who happens to be available in this forum, your answer was at best only a presumption, a guess. Should you had been incorrect, would you then offer to reimburse anyone who bought an A129 today and then could not add an IR camera to it later?

After a direct response from Viofo however, your response could have been considered useful and appreciated distribution and dissemination of more reliable information.

And I happened to guess too that it would make most sense to have an IR camera be plug and play -- for various reasons. But I asked for a more certain response.
I know you are from USA, but wouldn't it have been more appropriate to say thanks to both Mtz and Viofo for their efforts to help you? :unsure:

he's part of their internal beta test group, his reply wasn't a guess

Back