A129 Duo started freeze-up due to rear camera

When I read your comment, I realized that it was almost certainly the hardware that was causing its difficulties, when I first assembled the camera a week ago everything was fine and worked fine, after a few days I updated to version 1.9 and from that moment as I connected the rear camera to the main unit screen of the main unit freezes + "1080p+1080p" to " 1080p60" mode. I tried to go back to version 1.5v but it didn't seem to help.
It just doesn't make sense that something happened to the cable or the back camera because these worked fine before updating

My camera connection is with a hardwire 3 kit.
If the camera switch from dual 1080P to 1080P 60fps, does that mean it freeze whiel you unplug the rear camera?

As long as the back camera is connected, the picture freezes and also jumps between modes, when I unplug the back camera the picture remains frozen until I turn off the camera or the power source and turn it on again.

As long as the back camera is connected, the picture freezes and also jumps between modes, when I unplug the back camera the picture remains frozen until I turn off the camera or the power source and turn it on again.
Do you run it with latest FW, and recording OK if you don't plug or unplug the rear camera?

1. the FW is 1.9
2. as long as the rear camera is pluged there are freezes , it looks like its recording because the red circle is there on the left upper side of the screen, but the picture stuck and the bottons dont react.

1. the FW is 1.9
2. as long as the rear camera is pluged there are freezes , it looks like its recording because the red circle is there on the left upper side of the screen, but the picture stuck and the bottons dont react.
Most likely either a bad rear cable or rear camera. Talk to your seller if your still under warranty.

Did you default the cameras settings after updating the firmware? I would also press the reset button on the side of the camera after manually defaulting the cameras settings as some have said this has fixed odd issues that appeared after updating.

1. the FW is 1.9
Also please try to not insert the memory card, then try to plug and unplug the rear cable, to check if it will freeze or not.

HonstReview: Are you running fw 1.9?
I am worried this is a firmware issue rather than hardware...

HonstReview: Are you running fw 1.9?
I am worried this is a firmware issue rather than hardware...
i agree, i have noticed other users reporting the exact same problem.
and the only one that solved the problem was by replacing the camera and returning 1.5v FW

Also please try to not insert the memory card, then try to plug and unplug the rear cable, to check if it will freeze or not.
its freezes anyway, with card or without it

i agree, i have noticed other users reporting the exact same problem.
and the only one that solved the problem was by replacing the camera and returning 1.5v FW

I'm pretty sure all my problems started when I switched to fw 1.9

i will try downgrade.
i hope it will work, will update
The question fo viofo representative is how to perform downgrade version cleanly without leaving any system files or cache files?

Factory reset after downgrade(pressing the hole little button with a pin) and by the camera menu too.Do the both things..

can you please send the link to 1.5v?

Brand new a129 duo IR installed today. Upgraded firmware to 1.02 (latest?) and both times today I’ve gotten into my car after it being off its had this behavior. Screen on, recording light on, looks like the camera is working but it’s a frozen frame. Unplugging the power cable and rebooting it fixed the issue.

It would appear that this is a firmware issue. What firmware should I downgrade to? 1.5/1.9 don’t appear to be for my model.

That could be a memory card or power related problem

Memory card is Samsung evo select 256gb. Power is fine, checked with multimeter. Based on all the other responses in this thread it points to the latest firmware being the problem. Not saying they can’t be, but flashing firmware is an easy process of elimination so I’d like to give that a whirl.

Memory card is Samsung evo select 256gb. Power is fine, checked with multimeter. Based on all the other responses in this thread it points to the latest firmware being the problem. Not saying they can’t be, but flashing firmware is an easy process of elimination so I’d like to give that a whirl.
Did you manually default the cameras settings and then press the reset button on the side of the camera after the update?

Did you manually default the cameras settings and then press the reset button on the side of the camera after the update?

No, but I can give that a shot and see if it fixes it. The settings did get reset a few times today already while I was installing but will see if this works.

No, but I can give that a shot and see if it fixes it. The settings did get reset a few times today already while I was installing but will see if this works.
Defaulting settings is different.

Back