A129 Duo Stuck on Logo

tomime

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else have similar issue, I had upgraded to V1.5, worked for a while but then now always stuck on the logo.

Try pressing the reset button (R) with a bent paper clip. That "may" fix your problem.

A129D.jpg

I tried:

1) Reset option 30 seconds
2) Removing memory card
3) Reflashing to new, old multiple times
4) Taking apart and reseating the camera strip to the board
5) Plugging into to pc and other power options

nothing seems to be working unfortunately.

I tried:

1) Reset option 30 seconds
2) Removing memory card
3) Reflashing to new, old multiple times
4) Taking apart and reseating the camera strip to the board
5) Plugging into to pc and other power options

nothing seems to be working unfortunately.
Stuck Logo isn't serious and can be recovered.
Never remove or insert memory card while power is on or while power LED remains lit after disconnecting power.
Never connect power cable to Rear Camera port.
Never use USB2.0 500milliamp port to power A129.
Very common Startup failure is low voltage or Amps, troubleshoot with no other devices sharing the same power source.

Disconnect power for 1 min and notice the power LED, if it stays on for more than 8 seconds the Firmware file is corrupted, suggest downloading new copy from official website link. Always allow power to drain before touching memory card slot, the capacitors must drain fully. Remove memory card then try powering from 1Amp or higher power adapter or power bank then connect power to camera side port without GPS mount connected and without Rear camera connected.

If the vehicle momentarily disconnects power to A129 during ignition you'll have to set Startup Delay to 10 seconds.
Troubleshoot indoors using known good power supply or computer USB3 port without other devices connected on same shared port.
Copy new binary firmware file to root of known good memory card, then insert in dashcam, then connect power, now wait 60 seconds, what brand/size card are you using? can you swap other cards?

Once past Logo screen and Dashcam is operating normally scroll to bottom Menu and FORMAT the memory card, then select DEFAULT Settings.

I have the samsung evo 128gb, I haven't tried swapping cards as it seems the the card was fine to update firmware and recording while it was functional

I have the samsung evo 128gb, I haven't tried swapping cards as it seems the the card was fine to update firmware and recording while it was functional
All VIOFO Dashcams require microSD cards formatted as FAT32, all 64-256 GB cards are preformatted as exFAT which these Dashcams cannot read.
To eliminate common memory card issues always use another memory card or buy a dedicated 32 GB card just for firmware updates and troubleshooting.

What power sources are you using to Startup A129?
Did you disconnect power, wait 1 mins, reconnect power to side USB port without memory card inserted and without rear camera connected?

All VIOFO Dashcams require microSD cards formatted as FAT32, all 64-256 GB cards are preformatted as exFAT which these Dashcams cannot read.
To eliminate common memory card issues always use another memory card or buy a dedicated 32 GB card just for firmware updates and troubleshooting.

What power sources are you using to Startup A129?
Did you disconnect power, wait 1 mins, reconnect power to side USB port without memory card inserted and without rear camera connected?

Ok, this is formatted to FAT32. I'll seek out other card to try. I am plugging this to my laptop's USB 3.0 connector. Yes plugged w/p card, no rear camera connect, waited 1 min.

Change power source, use vehicle socket adapter, connect power cable to camera side USB port without memory card inserted and without rear camera connected.

Change power source, use vehicle socket adapter, connect power cable to camera side USB port without memory card inserted and without rear camera connected.

Yes, I tried different power sources (USB 3.0, external power input) without memory card nor rear camera. I am still thinking of using a different memory card to update the firmware, as each update with the memory card i have (flashing then powering up) only remains stuck in the logo.

I end up buying a new unit as replacement, thanks for all the support, I do really appreciate the help.

Back