A129 DUO V1.9 BETA Version for testing

Any changes to G-sensor?

As already some people posted in the forum G-Sensor is working also in parking mode.

enjoy,
Mtz

@viofo
Hi, what is the lasted firmware Available non-Beta version for A129 Duo? I saw in the your site "V1.9", is this version "beta"? I have the V1.3 version build in 2018-07-30. What is more reliable to upgrade it?

It is sooo easy to understand:
you have 1.3 = old
on viofo.com = 1.9 the latest official firmware from 19 july 2019 = newer than yours
on this thread = 1.9 beta from 20 november 2019 = newer than latest official

If you don't like betas just update to 1.9 from viofo.com.

enjoy,
Mtz

@Mtz
Thanks for reply!
I did the upgrade for 1.9 version donwloaded Viofo's site.

@Mtz
Thanks for reply!
I did the upgrade for 1.9 version donwloaded Viofo's site.
Be sure to manually default the cameras settings in the menu after updating, then press and hold the reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

Optimized the parking mode recording, parking files are saved under Parking folder separately.
Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jU8djFE74kHiB8pbPF_diJkbKNculK6C

Please let us know your feedback, thanks for help testing.
Noticed the settings menu in the app doesn't have the same options that's on the camera menu for boot delay and parking modes.

Camera parking mode menu has Auto Event Detection along with Low Bitrate and various time lapse, while the app menu only has a couple time lapse modes.
Camera boot delay menu has OFF as an option while the app boot delay menu doesn't

The firmware is mainly for solve randomly not recording in parking mode, and improved G-sensor sensitivity in parking mode.

I installed the beta FW yesterday (V1.9T7 - Build20191120).

I did a soft reset to default in camera, plus hard reset button. Card is Viofo 64GB U3, formatted in-camera. Loop duration set to 3 minutes. Low-bitrate parking mode enabled.

Issues so far:
- On two occasions, the camera completely shut down when I turned off the ignition. I had HK3 connected to the GPS mount, and red LEDs in the HK3 showed it was capable of supplying power to the camera. Since connecting HK3 directly to the camera, the camera no longer shuts off completely by itself.
- I suspect loop recording started this afternoon. I had a lot of double-beeps, all whilst driving. Usually a pair of double-beeps every minute or two. I also had a sequence of 6No double beeps, and another of 4No double-beeps.

When I returned to my car at the end of the day then started the engine, switching the A129 from parking mode to normal mode, I got the 'card full - delete all files' message.

When I returned to my car at the end of the day then started the engine, switching the A129 from parking mode to normal mode, I got the 'card full - delete all files' message.
I’ve been getting that with V1.9T2. Didn’t get that on V1.9.

Firmware seems unstable. Driving on highway and yeow triangle staying on. Had to power cycle unit. How to I revert back to original 1.9

you can go back or forward to any version, just load it like you did for the update
I cant downgrade it just deletes the old firmware file. I tried it several times. also viofo app says firmware up to date. is there anyway i can override this?

I cant downgrade it just deletes the old firmware file. I tried it several times. also viofo app says firmware up to date. is there anyway i can override this?
Firmware will auto delete after installing. Don’t use the app, confirm firmware version directly on the camera.

I've been running firmware V1.9T7 (build 20191120) for a couple days.

I have the driving g-sensor set to medium and the parking g-sensor set to high.
I have the driving motion set to off and parking motion set to low.
I am using Auto Detection parking mode.

It takes a bit getting used to having separate folders for Driving mode and Parking mode

I haven't gotten any g-sensor saved files while driving. My vehicle rides pretty smooth and has large tires so small potholes or rough spots in the road aren't that noticeable (Yukon 1500 XL Denali).
I haven't gotten any g-sensor saved files while parked. I haven't tried testing this yet by smacking on the windshield or closing doors while in parking mode. I will test that today.
Motion detection while parked seems to work like usual. About 12 seconds into clip there will be a person, car, or some leaves blowing across the ground setting it off.

I did have a problem last night when leaving somewhere. When I started the vehicle and the dashcam started into driving mode, it kept double beeping and appeared that the camera was in pause recording mode. Once I hit the record button it was fine. That's never happened before.

I installed the beta FW yesterday (V1.9T7 - Build20191120).

I did a soft reset to default in camera, plus hard reset button. Card is Viofo 64GB U3, formatted in-camera. Loop duration set to 3 minutes. Low-bitrate parking mode enabled.

Issues so far:
- On two occasions, the camera completely shut down when I turned off the ignition. I had HK3 connected to the GPS mount, and red LEDs in the HK3 showed it was capable of supplying power to the camera. Since connecting HK3 directly to the camera, the camera no longer shuts off completely by itself.
- I suspect loop recording started this afternoon. I had a lot of double-beeps, all whilst driving. Usually a pair of double-beeps every minute or two. I also had a sequence of 6No double beeps, and another of 4No double-beeps.
Have you formatted the card before you use the T7 beta version?

Have you formatted the card before you use the T7 beta version?
Yes, I did reformat the card prior to testing this FW version

Back