A129 DUO V1.9 BETA Version for testing

something must be wrong if it isn't formatting FAT32, is this a test firmware?
Yes - public beta test V1.9T7.

I know Viofo were trying to improve file handling with large card sizes. Perhaps they are using exFAT rather than FAT32?

I copied the FWA129.bin file for V1.50 to my card and booted the camera, but it did not read the file or modify the FW.
Upon checking the card, I see that the camera deleted the FWA129.bin file from the card, but did not apply the update.

I will reformat in the computer as FAT32 then roll back to an earlier FW version.

I use an old 2 GB SD card for playing with firmwares. I prefer not to mess up with the card that's meant for videos. It's safer this way.

I use an old 2 GB SD card for playing with firmwares. I prefer not to mess up with the card that's meant for videos. It's safer this way.
OK, good point - except Viofo asked me to test compatibility with larger cards.

Another observation on V1.9T7
- Yesterday, the GPS info stamp was showing the way I selected it (mph, no coordinates), plus custom text
- Today, it was showing km/h with coordinates and no custom text

I did not perform any manual reset. The camera was switched off overnight.

i still cant roll back to 1.9. Formatting from Camera only formats in exFat as card is 128GB. Need to find a smaller card argghhhhhh. this suckssss. Viofo please fix this

Use the GUIFormat tool available at the bottom of the link page.

Noticed my cam didn't enter parking mode yesterday (11/25) while I was at work. There were no recordings for that date/time frame

Use the GUIFormat tool available at the bottom of the link page.

Thank you that worked. I was able to downgrade now. so In exFat it wont downgrade , it just deletes the file. in Fat32 it downgrades fine.,

Why can't @viofo comment on all these observartions? You asked the community to test and yet you don't want to participate in the discussion? What a shame!

Why can't @viofo comment on all these observartions? You asked the community to test and yet you don't want to participate in the discussion? What a shame!
Unfortunately, that's how Viofo operates. - - It would not be that hard to have "one employee" who could give input and/or answer questions here. But that does not "normally" happen. Instead Viofo customers have to try to figure out how things work on their own...

On a positive note, Viofo has made an improvement with their g-sensor in parking mode with the A129 Duo.

Unfortunately, that's how Viofo operates. - - It would not be that hard to have "one employee" who could give input and/or answer questions here. But that does not "normally" happen. Instead Viofo customers have to try to figure out how things work on their own...

On a positive note, Viofo has made an improvement with their g-sensor in parking mode with the A129 Duo.

Sigh!

So are the procedures in updating to this beta FW different from what is posted in their official firmware page? Are the setting to factory default settings and hard reset after flashing the FW steps specific for this beta FW only? I don't remember performing those steps with the official v1.9 and older FW's for this camera.

The instructions on the Viofo site (Customer Support Section) does not match up with the instructions that some of the posters give here. One would wonder of course why not?

All I did was transfer the new FW to the SD card via my PC; I then put it in the camera like you would normally do. The first couple of times, I had trouble with the cam loading up the new fw. I went back to my PC and renamed the fw beta file to FWA129.bin because it had been FWA129(3). Then it worked for me.

I did not reformat my sd card as many have suggested. I did press the "default manual" selection on the dash cam and then pushed the reset pin-hole for about 5-10 seconds. Since doing all that, things have pretty much worked for me. I haven't experienced some of the problems that others have experienced... Good luck!

The method suggested on this forum came about over time.
Reset is new to me but I can't see that causing problems but helping to reduce them.
@viofo to their credit release updates from comments on this forum and probably other input to them.

No company is perfect. There's a saying "you can't please everyone all the time "
I'm sure @viofo monitor this site and read the comments.
They only say something when necessary.

@viofo please add Parking mode for buffered G-sensor only. (without motion detection).

The method suggested on this forum came about over time.
Reset is new to me but I can't see that causing problems but helping to reduce them.
@viofo to their credit release updates from comments on this forum and probably other input to them.

No company is perfect. There's a saying "you can't please everyone all the time "
I'm sure @viofo monitor this site and read the comments.
They only say something when necessary.

"They only say something when necessary"..... is a joke!!!!

When I first came on this site, new and existing users were fumbling around trying to figure out how to work the newest firmware with the A129. The fact is Viofo disappeared for close to a month while customers wasted time looking for answers! - - Believe me, "it was necessary" for Viofo to give some answers to their users, but they pretty much blew them off.

Even today on the Viofo website, the information for using the A129 is at best incomplete!!!! How long does it take a Company to update their manual or the support page on their forum. Not long at all. But Viofo still hasn't updated their information so users are forced to fumble around and spend countess hours getting their dash cams to work.

Viofo customer service is very poor, period!!!

"They only say something when necessary"..... is a joke!!!!

When I first came on this site, new and existing users were fumbling around trying to figure out how to work the newest firmware with the A129. The fact is Viofo disappeared for close to a month while customers wasted time looking for answers! - - Believe me, "it was necessary" for Viofo to give some answers to their users, but they pretty much blew them off.

Even today on the Viofo website, the information for using the A129 is at best incomplete!!!! How long does it take a Company to update their manual or the support page on their forum. Not long at all. But Viofo still hasn't updated their information so users are forced to fumble around and spend countess hours getting their dash cams to work.

Viofo customer service is very poor, period!!!

At this point, I couldn't agree more with you. I guess it proves the "you get what you pay for" statement. This is a cheap camera and so very poor support comes with it.

Back