A129 - GPS failure & now display failure

PCDoctorEH!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone,

My dashcam has now totally failed. This is the 3rd VIOFO camera (two past models were A119 and now the A129) that has been faulty or defective in less then a year. The camera is hardwired was working fine for a few months then the GPS stopped working. I had to connect the power to the dashcam, that worked for a few months. After the latest firmware v1.5 the LCD screen would never turn off EVER! I even attempted a complete rest (press button) and a format of memory card still the LCD screen would not turn off. Now this morning the LCD screen will not turn on (REC & MIC lights are on). Looking at the memory card I see hundreds of clips and they are all very small files and one file named: CarNo_Backup.txt (empty file). Why is this happening? Do I have a bad camera AGAIN! Anyone else having these issues?

I've opened a case with VIOFO #: 9419

Which hardwire kit are you using? From what I've experienced and seen here, VIOFO cameras work best with the included accessories, especially the power cable. Maybe the 3rd party hardwire kit being used is causing recurring issues.

Hey,

This is the kit I purchased LINK. I have this in another vehicle and it works just fine (after the 2nd A119 was replaced). I don't think its the kit seeing that the A129 WAS working just fine for a few months. But what do I know?! Thanks for your help / suggestion. Oh! one last thing, I actually have gone back to the original hardware (cigarette) kit that it came with as well since a little over a month and today is when the camera LCD didn't come back on. So I believe it's the camera and not my hardwire kit?

Last edited:
Could very well be the camera.

Power supplies incapable of supplying adequate power and thinner 3rd party cables are known to cause erratic behaviour and firmware corruption.

Try reloading the firmware. Suggest also trying a different card.

try the included power supply and lead, that hardwire kit is not great quality, stable power is very important, as @Harsh has already mentioned suggest reloading the firmware also

Thanks everyone. Okay, I'm going to try all your suggestions.

Back