A129 Hardwire and CPL question

Guccigrapes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I know everyone is waiting for the official hardware kit for the A129. But I purchased a different hardware kit from Amazon I was wondering if this one would work with the A129? Would this be compatible with the A129 for parking mode without any issues?https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B078T5T21G/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
49C58893-3429-4142-96F0-52B32DD94D09.png

Also I purchased the CPL from OCDtronic on amazon.ca But I read that there’s a better CPL for the A129 not available to Canada right now only the US? Should I return both the hardware and CPL and wait for the official versions? Thanks in Advance. @viofo @VIOFO_Support

Should I return both the hardware and CPL and wait for the official versions?
Yes.
The hardware kit you got has only 2 wires meaning it will not work with engine off (limited parking mode)
CPL you got is wrong version for this camera (smaller).
Return and wait. It's not going to be too long.

Just received my dash cam sad I can’t use the hardware kit or the cpl. The aftermarket hardware kit looks so nice ready to use too.E601D969-D253-4C8B-B23D-0F4DA8265C5B.jpeg

Just received my dash cam sad I can’t use the hardware kit or the cpl. The aftermarket hardware kit looks so nice ready to use too.View attachment 42493
Might want to think about getting a different memory card. Lexar cards are not the best choice in dash cameras.

Might want to think about getting a different memory card. Lexar cards are not the best choice in dash cameras.

I was listening to Cam Central YouTube channel he recommend The Lexar high endurance card for the A119. He has extensive reviews for all the viofo dash cams.

Just realize he updated his description last year to state he recommends Sandisk over Lexar since Lexar is exiting the market and has increased failure rates? Would it still work with the A129 or should I return that too.

I'd return it post-haste. The Samsung EVO plus from Amazon is the best deal for suitable SD cards, equal to the Transcend 400x in every way or better. A high-endurance card is better but not absolutely necessary. The new Sandisk is also good stuff, but avoid the older red/gray ones. Buy cards ONLY from reputable sellers and check for faking immediately upon receipt. Most brands have a process available for that on their websites and h2testw freeware will work with any card. Bogus cards abound, even in some retail outlets- only by testing or ordering directly from the manufacturer's store can you be sure.

Phil

Back