A129 Hardwire Issue

I install the micro sd card and it just shows video and 1 photo, how is that sd going to show anything about the camera???

Let's get back to basics: Where did you put your SD Card? I assume your PC has a card reader, right? - - Wherever that reader/sd card shows up on your computer is where you want to go... Once you find one of the video files, clicking on it should bring up Windows Media Player for you to watch the video. - Also, I'm sure you know the little sd card has to be put in the larger card reader for your computer to be able to take it....

edit: Sometimes the sd card is not pushed in far enough for your PC to read it; just in case, pull the card out and reinsert it all the way in.
I have all of this now what?? windows media player comes up and I can view my clips

If you took any videos with your dashcam, which I assume you did, clicking on any file in your "movies" directory on the SD Card (E:\DCIM\Movies) will allow you to watch what you've recorded. Files ending with F or PF are from the "front camera"; files ending with R or PR are from your rear camera. - - - PF/PR are "Parking Mode Videos", front & rear, respectively.

As I mentioned above you should look into buying DashcamViewer for $25; it's well worth it for the reason I mentioned above.

Give me a link please on this Dashcam viewer???

using the long one, I will try the short

I did not receive a short cable??

double checked nothing............

double checked nothing............

If you plug your sd card into your PC, you can view all your videos. I'm not sure why you are resorting to the cable, unless you don't have an SD Card Reader...????

I have a short cable from my digital that seems to fit

If you plug your sd card into your PC, you can view all your videos. I'm not sure why you are resorting to the cable, unless you don't have an SD Card Reader...????
I have a reader on this computer, it is just showing movies and nothing else

Let me try this viewer tomorrow

The short cable I have will it work or is there a knock down on the cable?? This is just a straight small cable

Short cable plugged in and on the camera screen it says... Micro sd card reader mode

I believe that's telling you that you can view your camera screen with it plugged into your computer... I never do that. If I need to change setting of menus in the house, I just plug it into an A/C adapter that I use for other things like phones, speakers, etc...

When plugged into your a/c outlet (not your computer) you can adjust whatever settings you'd like right on your camera screen just like you could if you were powered up in your car. You can also update your firmware this way as well, which as whole new process which isn't hard to do, but there are several steps. I'd do a search on this forum or on Viofo's forum for updating firmware to get those steps if you plan on upgrading to 1.9.

Back