A129 Hardwire Issue

spb

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an issue with hardwiring. I went to a shop to get it done. These guys are pretty good but for some reason we cannot get it right.

1) They did the first hardwire install. Everything is great camera is on while driving and on while engine is off... But then I notice that it is recording in full quality and frame rate while parked, even though I put parking mode into 5 FPS. So my conclusion was: they messed up the wiring somehow. The camera does not sense the switch from ignition on to ignition off. So I went back to them today...

2) Explained again where yellow and red wires are supposed to go. They said they did everything according to the instructions but will swap the red and yellow wires. They did say that they are hooking it up to the ignition, they way they hook up remote start systems. After they swapped the wires camera is working while car is running... but turns off completely once ignition is off.
I went back to them and they said they are not sure what the issue is but they can switch it back to (1). I don't really want that for two reasons: running while parked at full frame rate will fill up the card fast and may drain battery quicker.

Any thoughts on what the issue is? Wrong install? Bad hardware?

And you do want option 1.

What version of the firmware are you using and how do you have it programmed?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By "option 1", I was meaning the 1st option in post #1, not something in the menu. I actually have an A129 Pro with whatever the current firmware for that is!

By "option 1", I was meaning the 1st option in post #1, not something in the menu. I actually have an A129 Pro with whatever the current firmware for that is!
If you purchased it recently the firmware could be as old as version 1.5. It is up to 1.9 now though, so make sure that you have the current version. Most of the changes since 1.5 have been related to this mode, many in the past month. 1.6 1.7 1.8 are buggy

If you purchased it recently the firmware could be as old as version 1.5. It is up to 1.9 now though, so make sure that you have the current version. Most of the changes since 1.5 have been related to this mode, many in the past month. 1.6 1.7 1.8 are buggy

Yes, those prior versions were buggy and the latest firmware 1.9 does not work with G-sensor in Parking Mode! - - And g-sensor is not consistent in "driving mode".

Lots of guys just use G correct. I should update my camera? I was told parking mode is not the best way to go when parking. Can you give some features to add to my camera if I do not want to use parking mode, but do want protection if I get hit or brokered into.

You can't really use G-sensor in parking mode; it doesn't work. - Some people prefer to use low bitrate mode. This will take video "all the time/continuously" while you're parked, but at a lower bitrate/quality, but it's good enough to capture events. - - You would merely need to be certain to review your video if you think something might have occurred to your car. You are not notified of any special events such as someone crashing into your car.

If one uses auto detection/buffered parking mode, in theory it will only record in 45 second clips when the camera senses motion. In the buffered parking mode, it will record on video the 12 seconds prior to the movement and the movement as well. A problem with this auto detection mode is it will pick up movement even if it's 60 meters/yards away...

If G-sensor "parking mode" were to ever work, it would not only record events such as someone breaking into your car or crashing into it as with the auto-detection mode, but it will save the video in a special directory/file on youg SD Card - RO (Read Only) - This not only alerts you that something "significant" may have happened, but it prevents the cameras from overwriting the files. This feature does not work presently.

My main concern is when I pull into a parking lot and someone taps your car or bump it and drive off. Door dinks really piss me off

I feel the same way...I "normally" park in places where it's next to impossible to bang a door into my car...of course, you can't always do that!

If someone banged into the back of your car and broke your tail light, low bitrate recording would video it; but you'd have to physically walk around your car every time you got back into your car if you wanted to see if you got any damage while you were away... - - I'd rather not do that!

Keep in mind that the cameras are only recording the front and back of your car. If someone backs into the side of your car, most likely you will not get that on video...nor will you receive any alerts in low bitrate mode. But, if G-sensor was working, and someone backed into the side of your car, it would trigger the event which is saved to your RO directory on you SD card. - - So, that alerts you that something triggered your g-sensor while parked. - - It would probably be very lucky if you could do this, but you "might" catch a glimpse of the car that backed into the side of your car on your front or rear camera as they drove away...

I feel the same way...I "normally" park in places where it's next to impossible to bang a door into my car...of course, you can't always do that!

If someone banged into the back of your car and broke your tail light, low bitrate recording would video it; but you'd have to physically walk around your car every time you got back into your car if you wanted to see if you got any damage while you were away... - - I'd rather not do that!

Keep in mind that the cameras are only recording the front and back of your car. If someone backs into the side of your car, most likely you will not get that on video...nor will you receive any alerts in low bitrate mode. But, if G-sensor was working, and someone backed into the side of your car, it would trigger the event which is saved to your RO directory on you SD card. - - So, that alerts you that something triggered your g-sensor while parked. - - It would probably be very lucky if you could do this, but you "might" catch a glimpse of the car that backed into the side of your car on your front or rear camera as they drove away...
In low bitrate parking mode, if someone hits your car then the current video will be moved to the RO folder, so the advantage you say the other modes have is not an advantage! If they only use a spray can on your car so the G-Sensor doesn't catch it then it will still be recorded in low bitrate mode but will be overwritten if you don't catch it soon enough, in event mode it wouldn't be recorded to card at all.

Tell me, how does low bitrate know to put an event in the RO file? Is it using the same g-sensor that "auto-detection/buffered parking mode" uses? Or is it using the "driving mode" G-sensor?

So I should use parking mode? I have the hard wire kit, I just need to have a good day to install, In the mean time,just plugging into cigarette lighter

Lots of good advice, love this forum

So I should use parking mode? I have the hard wire kit, I just need to have a good day to install, In the mean time,just plugging into cigarette lighter

If you care about stuff that might happen to your car while you are parked, of course you will want to use "parking mode". And yes, you need to install the 3-wire kit to be able to us "parking mode". - Good luck.

Tell me, how does low bitrate know to put an event in the RO file? Is it using the same g-sensor that "auto-detection/buffered parking mode" uses? Or is it using the "driving mode" G-sensor?
There is only one g-sensor, it is just set to a different sensitivity in parking mode.
I would expect that in low bitrate parking mode it would use the parking setting, however I haven't personally checked.

And yes, you need to install the 3-wire kit to be able to us "parking mode". - Good luck.
Actually the parking modes work quite well with the cigar lighter socket, it is just a bit slow to change modes since it doesn't change until it sees movement from the GPS.

Back