A129 how many amps should the fuse have?

I can't access my fuse box very well but I managed to measure the slot were my fuse tap was plugged in.

I tried this method, I've read a lot about in on german car communities.

Step 1.
Measure on which side of the empty fuse slot are 12 volt. The result was that the voltage is coming from the left side (as painted):
20190319_114543.jpg

Step 2:
Now it's important to plug the fuse adapter that way that the cable (lead) is on the side with 0 volt:
20190319_114934.jpg

What do you think of this method, am I safe now?

Pablo Picasso

I can't access my fuse box very well but I managed to measure the slot were my fuse tap was plugged in.

I tried this method, I've read a lot about in on german car communities.

Step 1.
Measure on which side of the empty fuse slot are 12 volt. The result was that the voltage is coming from the left side (as painted):
View attachment 45401

Step 2:
Now it's important to plug the fuse adapter that way that the cable (lead) is on the side with 0 volt:
View attachment 45402

What do you think of this method, am I safe now?

Pablo Picasso
If the two fuses are connected together at the end of the fuse tap with the cable then yes, but not all fuse taps are built that way.
If the fuse tap is built the other way around then no.

To check, plug the fuse tap in with the original fuse removed, your camera should not power on, insert the original fuse and the camera should power on.

If it wont fit the safe way around then make sure that you use a camera fuse that is small compared to the original, eg a 5 amp camera fuse with a 20 amp original, not a 5 amp camera fuse with a 2 amp original.

If the two fuses are connected together at the end of the fuse tap with the cable then yes, but not all fuse taps are built that way.
If the fuse tap is built the other way around then no.
I will have a look at it tomorrow, those are pictures of my fuse tap but I assume you can't recognize by those pictures.
20190319_113707-1008x756.jpg
20190315_184200_crop_461x392.jpg

If it wont fit the safe way around then make sure that you use a camera fuse that is small compared to the original, eg a 5 amp camera fuse with a 20 amp original, not a 5 amp camera fuse with a 2 amp original.
The camera fuse has half of the amps compared to the original.
Camera fuse is 5 amp, the original has 10 amp.

To check, plug the fuse tap in with the original fuse removed, your camera should not power on, insert the original fuse and the camera should power on.
That sounds easy but I've already destroyed two fuses by pulling them out of the fuse tap, they stuck pretty hard. I'll see if I can do it.

That sounds easy but I've already destroyed two fuses by pulling them out of the fuse tap, they stuck pretty hard. I'll see if I can do it.
Many cars have a plastic tool for removing the fuses, either clipped into the interior fuse box or clipped into the engine compartment fusebox. With the correct tool it should be easy to remove the fuses.

I know, all of my previous car had this plastic tool, my actual car should have it, but it's not in the place were it should be.

I know, all of my previous car had this plastic tool, my actual car should have it, but it's not in the place were it should be.

If you do it where fuse 2 has power on its own using a 5 amp fuse, you should be fine either way. Fit it the best way you can, but if you want to put the load on fuse 1, then make sure there is NO POWER to fuse 2 if fuse 1 IS REMOVED.

Many cars have a plastic tool for removing the fuses, either clipped into the interior fuse box or clipped into the engine compartment fusebox. With the correct tool it should be easy to remove the fuses.

Leave it to the Swedes to be utilitarian and not include a plastic tool. I had to use needly nose plyers

Back