A129 Lens Cleaning

JB-007

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is the recommended cleaning procedure for the A129 Lens to assure that the lens does not get damaged. Thanks

Nikon also has a Lens type pen, any info on which one is best or is Nikon selling a LensPen with different badging?

Nikon also has a Lens type pen, any info on which one is best or is Nikon selling a LensPen with different badging?
I suspect that it is a Nikon branded version of the same product, both made by Lenspen.

The cheap versions are not as good because they don't contain much of the activated carbon so after a bit of use the microfiber starts to smear fingerprints instead of making them disappear, but any microfiber cloth with activated carbon will do the same job for a while. With a plain microfiber cloth it takes a lot more effort to remove oily deposits.

I saw the original LensPen at AliExpress for $4,00 or less which is a lot cheaper then anywhere else by a long shot. Wondering if it is knock off of the real thing. Any one tried one of those?

I saw the original LensPen at AliExpress for $4,00 or less which is a lot cheaper then anywhere else by a long shot. Wondering if it is knock off of the real thing. Any one tried one of those?
Almost certainly a cheap Chinese fake at that price, probably works, but runs out of activated carbon after a few uses instead of hundreds of uses.

Almost certainly a cheap Chinese fake at that price, probably works, but runs out of activated carbon after a few uses instead of hundreds of uses.

You're probably right, best not to take a chance with something as delicate as a camera lens, I'll just get one from Amazon. Especially since no one has replied about trying one!

Back