A129 locks up after two days

• Thread starter Deleted member 56879
  • Start date
@viofo, don't know what else to try, we've tried everything, new SSD's, old SSD's, resets, upgrades, downgrades, upgrades to beta (which seems to have made the situation worse). I will be sending back to BBMC.
have you tried a different power supply at all?

Reactions: EGS
have you tried a different power supply at all?

It’s hard wired, keep in mind prior to today on 1.5 it worked as normal, except only for a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two most common points of failure are memory card and power supply, trying the included cig power supply is always a good idea, if you still have problems then for sure you have a camera issue

It’s hard wired, keep in mind prior to today on 1.5 it worked as normal, except only for a day.

Like jokiin pointed out, I also suspect the problem is in the power supply/hardwire kit you have, and since you have already had tried a replacement, too much coincidence it is suffering the same issue. Power supplies degrade over time and can become unstable. I would try replacing plus they are relatively cheap...

Ok, so wife just pulled in the garage, mic light was on, record light was off, screen was off. I rebooted the camera, did as stated, a refresh from the menus (not the app), then went and set all the settings from the menu. I turned the key off, waited a minute, screen went out, I saw the record light flash, several beeps and then the camera lost power. I powered up the camera and rechecked all the settings. I also pulled the fuse box panel to check the parking tap, it was securely in place.

@viofo, don't know what else to try, we've tried everything, new SSD's, old SSD's, resets, upgrades, downgrades, upgrades to beta (which seems to have made the situation worse). I will be sending back to BBMC.

Thanks!
There are three LED lights on the front of the camera. One for Recording, WiFi and MIC. Your saying only the MIC light was on? The Recording (left LED) was completely off? It wasn’t flashing?

Ok, so wife just pulled in the garage, mic light was on, record light was off, screen was off. I rebooted the camera, did as stated, a refresh from the menus (not the app), then went and set all the settings from the menu. I turned the key off, waited a minute, screen went out, I saw the record light flash, several beeps and then the camera lost power. I powered up the camera and rechecked all the settings. I also pulled the fuse box panel to check the parking tap, it was securely in place.

Thanks!
No necessary to change the settings again.
It is normal to wait about 90s to enter parking mode with the new firmware.

I suggest you try the original car charger first.

There are three LED lights on the front of the camera. One for Recording, WiFi and MIC. Your saying only the MIC light was on? The Recording (left LED) was completely off? It wasn’t flashing?

Yes, mic is far right hand light. That was on, record light was off.

The hardwire kit was part of the BBMC bundle. Could have been VIOFO. If that is the case I’ll have BBMC send me a new hard wire kit and redo it. (PIA).

When the new camera comes in, I’ll use the USB, which will only confirm the camera runs. My problem was the camera would transition between continuous and parking modes flawlessly for about a day or two, then lose its brain. All setting and NTP (time) were reset.

I have the exact same issue with my a129 after upgraded the firmware to 1.9. At the same time I changed the usb power connection from directly to the camera to the gps base. I am going to change it back to connect to the camera directly see if there is any better.

Tried to connect the power cable directly to the camera instead of GPS for 2 weeks. Lock up issue still persist. Will try to use another memory card.

Still waiting for my replacement from BBMC. :(

Anyone still getting this issue?

I got this same issue as well after about 2 weeks (purchased from BBMC). I then reformatted, reset, and reflashed the 1.9 firmware.

Then, it worked for about 3 weeks, and it wouldn't switch over from parking mode today. I had to unplug it and plug it back in for it to work.

Tried to connect the power cable directly to the camera instead of GPS for 2 weeks. Lock up issue still persist. Will try to use another memory card.
@epsebypoo What happened after using another card? This was 2 months ago. If people will not come back with their experiences to the forum, the forum will lose quality.

enjoy,
Mtz

I found the dashcam is very sensitive to the memory card. I switched to a Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB, get it formatted by sdformatter at my computer, then putting in the dashcam to format the card again. The dashcam has been healthy so far the last week.

- firmware v1.9
- power cable connecting directly to the dashcam, not to the gps

Reactions: Mtz
Which card(s) did you have before and created problems? Link will be better because we can see the model exactly and if is genuine.

Which card(s) did you have before and created problems? Link will be better because we can see the model exactly and if is genuine.

I have mentioned it in another thread.

Back