[A129]looking for a cable extension for the rear camera

austrailian trout

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
i need about two to three more feet so i can discreetly install my rear facing dash cam.

can i buy any male to female extension and hook it up, or is there a certain type to ensure the camera gets the right amount of power and wire gauge to transfer the video data?

Actually I would prefer a longer cable than extending the original one. Extensions are pretty much always less reliable.

Actually I would prefer a longer cable than extending the original one. Extensions are pretty much always less reliable.
ill reach out to viofo, just not looking forward to removing the short one and rerouting the longer one :'(

ill reach out to viofo, just not looking forward to removing the short one and rerouting the longer one :'(

Edited. Removed my misleading post and updated to this.
@CaptureYourAction pointed out my error. Thanks.

On a closer look the rear camera socket that looks like a USB-Mini is a special connector which Viofo use and are 10 pin.
Inside the cable is a special braid and Aluminium Polyester Aluminium that cover the entire internals of the cable inside the wrap is 2x shielded twisted pairs a shielded power and an unshielded negative.
All of this so that a signal can travel to the rear of the car without interference being introduced. Very neat solution.

Last edited:
Back