A129 Never stops recording in parking mode

Aggiedog

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I am having a difficult time figuring out what I am doing wrong here. Essentially, once say the motion sensor goes off and activates parking mode, it never turns off. I have read other posts here and seen some of the issues that people found to be the issue, but I haven't seen anything that could explain my issue.

1. I have a 3-wire hardware kit from viofo
  2. I have updated to latest firmware 1.5
  3. I have power directly connected to the front camera (and not the mount)
  4. I have confirmed my main power is on an always on fuse (tester lights up when car is off completely)
  5. I have wired my acc wire to the ignition fuse (probably the best one since this is the most direct way to tell if the engine is on)
  6. I have disabled the loop recording on car start, so no recording there
  7. In parking mode, I have tried the auto detect option and 5 fps option to see if one was more sensitive than the other, but no luck.
  8. My car is parked in my garage completely closed, so no motion detection. I live in a quiet neighborhood with no earthquakes so I can't imagine the g-sensor is being activated.
  9. The sd card is recording fine. I have 1080p video on both cameras and seem to be recording the video just fine.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Hi there!
Is your camera switching between parking and driving mode? Here is what the icon should look like:
Parked:

Driving:

It looks like it is still in drive mode despite the engine and everything else is off.

It looks like it is still in drive mode despite the engine and everything else is off.
Did you plug the mini-USB connector to the mount or to the camera? It only works if you plug it to the camera.

This Post may help with your fusebox layout. I'm also wondering if the lack of loop recording has an effect here? I dunno.

Phil

Thanks. Here is my current layout. I will try this and let you know if that works.

Attachments

• sketch-1550533038509.png
    sketch-1550533038509.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Connected it ACC wire to audio and main to fuse 1 (room lamp) and when i connected power to it (without starting the car) the cameras kick on and start recording in driving mode. Car is in garage so not anything motion and seismic wise that I could potentially trigger it

At this point, is it worth trying to return the camera? I am puzzled why how I have it wired I am having problems.

At this point, is it worth trying to return the camera? I am puzzled why how I have it wired I am having problems.
Did you check the audio fuse with a meter? Sounds like there is power there. Your radio does not need to work for there to still be power at the audio fuse.

What is worth trying: try to measure the voltage on both Batt+ and ACC wires of the 3wire-kit and see if the ACC voltage shows 0 when you turn off the engine and remove the key.

Did you check the audio fuse with a meter? Sounds like there is power there. Your radio does not need to work for there to still be power at the audio fuse.
Good point! The audio device needs power all the time in order to allow you to listen to the radio even if the key is removed (at least this is how it works on many cars), and this can explain why the OP gets his cam in driving mode all the time.

Check to see if you need an update, I compared my setup to the screen shots above and the icons in my parking mode. At first I too thought I set it up differently, then I had blackbox my car confirmed from my photo that I was in parking mode.
The icon is a small waking person (tripped by motion) and tiny little "P" in the corner.

At first I couldn't make out what the icon was, but it didn't look like the picture above in the previous post so I freaked out and started pulling fuses. Let us know how you make out. 44839

Check to see if you need an update, I compared my setup to the screen shots above and the icons in my parking mode. At first I too thought I set it up differently, then I had blackbox my car confirmed from my photo that I was in parking mode.
The icon is a small waking person (tripped by motion) and tiny little "P" in the corner.

At first I couldn't make out what the icon was, but it didn't look like the picture above in the previous post so I freaked out and started pulling fuses. Let us know how you make out. View attachment 44839
It depends on the parking mode you select. My screenshot for parking mode is different because I selected Low Bitrate Recording, while yours is probably in Motion Detection.

Back