A129 not detecting rear camera?

Thing is im pretty sure im going to have to mail it back with the gps mount to the amazon seller and in order to take off the gps mount i will have to ruin my window tint as i attached it on top. I'll see what happens, should've tested before mounting.
Depending on the seller, they may be willing to just swap out the rear camera or cable. Who was the seller?

Dental Floss or Fishing Line. I had same concern. I had mine my cameras mounted on Arkon Suction cups. But I realized when I had my accident, that doing so on the rear glass didn't give me the most optical picture due to the grid lines. So mounted it onto the tint.

To remove, it'll be bit tedious, but take fishing line or dental floss and slowly saw off the 3M adhesive pad. Don't pull at it.
I dont know if youve tried this but since i have full (somewhat expensive) tint on the rear glass i was going to place a strip of clear heavy mil packing tape on there and mount the 3m tape to that. I would assume the tape would come off cleaner than the 3m adhesive. Unfortunatley i didnt have this bright idea when i mounted the front cam. My vehicle didnt come with a blue tint embedded on the glass itself so it has a strip of window tint to cover the sun. I had to place my camera on top of it to get a good viewing angle. I suppose i can get it off with the fishing line but for now Viofo has contacted me and cant really determine the cause of fault from the pictures provided. I am returning to the seller and either getting an exchange or refunding and going back to a119. I know everyone comes to the forums to usually post problems and look for solutions but im getting kind of sketched about buying another 129. Seems like people are having too many issues with it for being 6? months in the market.

I dont know if youve tried this but since i have full (somewhat expensive) tint on the rear glass i was going to place a strip of clear heavy mil packing tape on there and mount the 3m tape to that. I would assume the tape would come off cleaner than the 3m adhesive. Unfortunatley i didnt have this bright idea when i mounted the front cam. My vehicle didnt come with a blue tint embedded on the glass itself so it has a strip of window tint to cover the sun. I had to place my camera on top of it to get a good viewing angle. I suppose i can get it off with the fishing line but for now Viofo has contacted me and cant really determine the cause of fault from the pictures provided. I am returning to the seller and either getting an exchange or refunding and going back to a119. I know everyone comes to the forums to usually post problems and look for solutions but im getting kind of sketched about buying another 129. Seems like people are having too many issues with it for being 6? months in the market.

I have aftermarket tint on my car. Fishing Line or Floss will take it off. This will take effort, but saw at it, don't pull. At first I had my Rear Camera (Front still) on an Arkon Mount. But after I had an accident, I realized the picture isn't optimal since it forced the camera to capture grid lines. So I broke down and direct mounted it to my tint. I kept the front one on the Arkon Suction Mount because there are no grid lines and the video is unaffected.

I would do an exchange. The A129 Duo is a fantastic camera. I own two and think you just got a Dud. It happens.

Can't comment on if mounting to packaging tape is a good or bad idea. Not sure how adhesive the tape would be, and if it would properly stick or become very tacky and hard to get off over time

Back