A129 parking mode not working by powerbank !

Please, correct me if i'm wrong.
1) I connect my viofo A129 to my 12v car socket (cigarette lighter) with parking mode ON + autodetect event enabled.
2) I stop my car, turn the ignition off and connect the dashcam to a power bank.
3) After 5 minutes the camera starts recording ONLY if motion/impact is detected.
4) I connect the A129 back to the cigarette lighter, start up my engine and the dashcam record continuously (motion detection option is ignored?).

Is that right?
correct, that is exactly the method I use for short duration Parking Mode, vehicle battery is never depleted and prevents sulfate crystals collecting on plates which shorten battery lifespan. Avoid using common power banks inside hot full sun parked vehicles, they aren't designed for extreme temperature use.

Viofo changed the A129 Parking Mode activation sequence and forgot to rewire the GPS mount for ACC signals forcing owners to connect power to camera side USB port.
The new A119 V3 with 12 second buffered Parking Auto Event Detection Mode works perfectly using Power Bank connected to V3 GPS mount.
The old/discontinued A119 V2 + A119 Pro + A119S V2 non-buffered Parking Mode works perfectly using Power Bank connected to V2 GPS mount.
I second that. I am powering my A119v3 dash cam (firmware v1.03) from the powerbank (not using HK3 kit), and it enters the Parking mode after 5 minutes of no motion on the field of view.

The question now is: HOW DO I get it OUT of that Parking mode back to the normal recording mode (with High bitrate) again, WITHOUT power cycling the dashcam ?

The detailed description of my question above can be found here.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

correct, that is exactly the method I use for short duration Parking Mode, vehicle battery is never depleted and prevents sulfate crystals collecting on plates which shorten battery lifespan. Avoid using common power banks inside hot full sun parked vehicles, they aren't designed for extreme temperature use.
The step (4) of the underbrig's sequence implies power cycling the dash cam (when changing the supply from power bank to the cigarette lighter) in order to start recording in normal mode again.
Is there a way to do that WITHOUT power cycling, while keeping the dash cam powered from the powerbank? (I also asked this just above). Thanks.

Can someone please tell me...if I’m wiring a A129 duo into a Cellink NEO to use with parking mode, can I run power through the GPS mount at this point? Or do I need to wire it directly into the camera? Has this issue been fixed?

Can someone please tell me...if I’m wiring a A129 duo into a Cellink NEO to use with parking mode, can I run power through the GPS mount at this point? Or do I need to wire it directly into the camera? Has this issue been fixed?
The latest manufactured A129 cameras and GPS mounts can run power through the mount and have the 3-wire kit/parking mode function properly. There are probably still lots of stock of older versions though, so the only way to know for sure if yours is compatible is to try. All A129 Pro models are compatible as are the A119V3.

@CaptureYourAction: Isn't there a serial number range that can be referred to that can tell you if yours is in range? I recall reading something like that, but can't put my hands on it at the moment.

Last edited:
@CaptureYourAction: Isn't there a serial number range that can be referred to that can tell you if yours is in range? I recall reading something like that, but can't put my hands on it at the moment.
I was given one awhile back, but I'm not sure it was very accurate. There were some users who said their cameras worked fine using parking mode while powering through the mount, but their cameras didn't seem to fall within the serial number range.

Gotcha. I hadn't tried it before, so I ran out during lunch and it looks like mine does work through the mount. I unplugged the cable from the camera, turned the car on, plugged the power into the mount and the camera woke up in regular camera mode. I then turned the car off and ~10 seconds it was in parking mode. It's a shame that I've had issues w/ the "All Data Will Be Deleted" message when running v1.9, as I like the buffered parking mode, but I haven't had it show up again after about a week since downgrading to v1.5 and enabling the decreased frame rate parking mode.

That definitely simplifies how the wire for the rear camera needs to go so both wires don't interfere with each other.

The A129 original GPS mount does not support Parking Mode correctly, must connect power to camera side miniUSB port. Hopefully Viofo will fix the GPS mount and release V2. I predict the A129 Pro will have new V2 GPS mount.

I bought Viofo a219 last week (2020 February) and I wonder if it has been fixed :) .... Does anyone know if this has been fixed?

It has been fixed. I just had my A129 Duo installed last week, wired through a Cellink NEO in order to use timelapse parking mode. It has worked flawlessly since installation.

Gotcha. I hadn't tried it before, so I ran out during lunch and it looks like mine does work through the mount. I unplugged the cable from the camera, turned the car on, plugged the power into the mount and the camera woke up in regular camera mode. I then turned the car off and ~10 seconds it was in parking mode. It's a shame that I've had issues w/ the "All Data Will Be Deleted" message when running v1.9, as I like the buffered parking mode, but I haven't had it show up again after about a week since downgrading to v1.5 and enabling the decreased frame rate parking mode.

That definitely simplifies how the wire for the rear camera needs to go so both wires don't interfere with each other.

How do we know that it switches to the Parking Mode or not?

If you watch the screen and the status LEDs, the LED blink while it switches, and the "mode icon" (for lack of a better term) switches from the car icon to the parking mode icon.

Yes, it was there. The issue was that the idea of each icon wasn't clearly mentioned anywhere in the manual or on the web. Therefore, I couldn't know what those "Running-Man" and "Car Icon" meant :giggle:

The step (4) of the underbrig's sequence implies power cycling the dash cam (when changing the supply from power bank to the cigarette lighter) in order to start recording in normal mode again.
Is there a way to do that WITHOUT power cycling, while keeping the dash cam powered from the powerbank? (I also asked this just above). Thanks.
The A119V3 Buffered Parking Mode feature attempts to sense a voltage change which toggles Parking Mode or Normal recording Mode. Without a voltage change it has a 5 min timer then uses the G-sensor to detect vibration motion to switch from Parking to Normal Mode. Keep in mind Viofo continues to make changes to the firmware and can force Buffered Parking Users to install the proprietary 3-wire hardwire kit, it really depends on which firmware version is installed.

This seems to be the only topic where I didn't copy my resolution to that issue.
Please see my last post in the following thread:

PS. Nobody can force me to install HK3 kit, if I don't want to... :- )))

I am not so sure about that :sneaky:

Back