A129 Parking Mode Recording Constantly

deucer01

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. After searching this forum, I couldn't find a clear answer so I'm posting my first thread. I just installed the Viofo A129 duo with GPS mount in both wife's and my car. Firmware upgraded to 1.5 and using the included 2-wire hardwire kits. When I set parking mode to auto activation (full resolution) it would constantly record, I thought, because of constant motion around the car. My 64gb card quickly filled and older files over written after about six hours. So I tried 5 fps. But when testing in a closed garage for eight hours, with no motion anywhere both cams recorded the entire time. Is this normal, or is it suppose to start recording only when it detects motion? I did however, see it change from full motion to elapsed time after about 5 minutes. Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure you need the 3 wire kit. I just replaced my 2 wire for 3 wire kit today. Still playing around with the parking settings.

With the 2 wire kit the camera will enter Parking Mode after 5 minutes of the car being stopped - as per V1.5

If you select ‘motion/event detection’ then the cam will record @ 30fps as long as there is movement in front of the camera - this could be as little as a tree blowing in the wind. It will stop after 60s after the motion has stopped, if it’s a tree in the wind then it will record continuously. Keep in mind that if the camera detects no movement at all and stops recording there is no live buffering, the recording is restarted when it senses movement so you may miss something you needed to see.

If you select a time lapse recording then it will drop into time lapse after 5 minutes as above and it will continue to record in low bit rate at the selected fps. If movement or an event is detected then it will continue to record in time lapse, it does not revert to ‘normal’ recording.

I leave mine set to 10fps when in parking mode, I have a 128G card that I reformat in the camera monthly and transfer any ‘locked’ files weekly to a flash drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With the 2 wire kit the camera will enter Parking Mode after 5 minutes of the car being stopped - as per V1.5

If you select ‘motion/event detection’ then the cam will record @ 30fps as long as there is movement in front of the camera - this could be as little as a tree blowing in the wind. It will stop after 60s after the motion has stopped, if it’s a tree in the wind then it will record continuously. Keep in mind that if the camera detects no movement at all and stops recording there is no live buffering, the recording is restarted when it senses movement so you may miss something you needed to see.

If you select a time lapse recording then it will drop into time lapse after 5 minutes as above and it will continue to record in low bit rate at the selected fps. If movement or an event is detected then it will continue to record in time lapse, it does not revert to ‘normal’ recording.

I leave mine set to 10fps when in parking mode, I have a 128G card that I reformat in the camera monthly and transfer any ‘locked’ files weekly to a flash drive.

Thank you. Perfectly clears it up for me. Good to know my Viofos are working normally. I have the 3-wire kit on order to improve the parking mode.

Thank you. Perfectly clears it up for me. Good to know my Viofos are working normally. I have the 3-wire kit on order to improve the parking mode.

You’re welcome, it took me a long time to glean this information so always happy to help someone out.

It would be really helpful if someone (with better knowledge then myself) could pin a thread to the top that just explains the different Parking Mode options and how the camera should behave. Then to prevent the information being lost or watered down, comments could be turned off. Perhaps one of the mods or developers would do this?

Things like how many ‘real life’ minutes worth of footage is captured in a 5 minute file recoded @5fps would also be useful.

It would be really helpful if someone (with better knowledge then myself) could pin a thread to the top that just explains the different Parking Mode options and how the camera should behave.

I totally agree. I said in the Parking Mode Firmware thread that someone needs to make a one page quick reference sheet. Even better if it included statistics like average bitrates and audio information to calculate how long you could record for different size SD cards.

If I had more time I could do this as I start playing with Parking Mode. I have a 3 wire kit hooked up but haven't gotten my rear camera installed yet so I haven't begun to play with Parking Mode. It's off right now because I don't want to kill my battery since there isn't any good resource that explains this stuff. Kinda frustrating.

Back