A129 Parking Mode with Battery Pack

teefdoc

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, if I were to connect an A129 to either a battery pack (Cellink Neo) or a power bank, can I still use the parking mode (preferably the buffered parking mode when it's released)? I was told that A129 requires the hardwire kit 3 in order to enable parking mode. However, my BMW will give battery drainage errors if I hardwire directly to the car's battery. Thanks!

Hello, if I were to connect an A129 to either a battery pack (Cellink Neo) or a power bank, can I still use the parking mode (preferably the buffered parking mode when it's released)? I was told that A129 requires the hardwire kit 3 in order to enable parking mode.

You can connect A129 to Cellink Neo. Cellink Neo/B-124 have two power pins. On first pin power is provided all the time, on second pin only while battery is charged.

However, my BMW will give battery drainage errors if I hardwire directly to the car's battery. Thanks!

The only issue with installing power bank in modern BMW is to found proper circuit to connect power bank. Ultimately it can be cigarette socket circut.

More information about power bank and hardiwre kit configuretion you can find in Infiniti Q50 hardwire Viofo A129 GPS Dual where you can also find reply for your message. You are wellcome to continue discussion in Infiniti Q50 hardwire Viofo A129 GPS Dual thread.

the three wire parking mode will work with a Cellink Neo but not with a power bank
can I buy the unspliced 3-wire output adapter from the cellink neo and use it with a blackvue b-124?

Just had my B M W 520 GT Wired up and it works ok !

Hi, my first post on this forum.
I have just received and tested my new A129 Duo and managed to get the full parking mode working with a power bank (not Cellink Neo or B-124) + wiring kit 3.
Since I am not very familiar with electricity or electronics (I am more into computer programming), I would like to know if there is any security risk with my setup.
All I want is to connect my A129 to a power bank for parking mode (like many other A129 owners) but I don't want to accidentally set my car on fire ...

Back