A129 Plus Duo - boot time

mpcp

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Good Day,

I recently purchased the A129 Plus Duo and have installed and powered by the cigarette usb cable. I noticed the A129 seems to take long to boot fully when the car starts. I timed it at about 10 secs from car start to the screen on/on chime. While an additional 3 sec isn't a lot, a 10 sec start seems high if you are ready to get driving very quickly after starting the car.

In comparison my A119 V1 takes almost 7 secs boot time. I would have thought the newer camera - A129 should have booted as fast if not faster than the older A119. Since posting this, I discovered on youtube a review that shows the Viofo A129 Pro Duo should boot in about 3-4 secs....

I was wondering what has been other peoples experience with the boot time? Are you getting the 3-4 secs or is it longer for your?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't have an A129 Plus Duo setup myself, but looking in the user manual for the A129 Plus it shows that it has a "Boot Delay" feature like other VIOFO cameras. You might want to check your camera's settings for the "Boot Delay" feature to see if it is set to 10 seconds. The settings are Off / 5 seconds / 10 seconds. I usually set my VIOFO camera's boot delay to 5 seconds to make sure it will wait to see contstant power for at least 5 seconds before it boots up the camera.

I don't have an A129 Plus Duo setup myself, but looking in the user manual for the A129 Plus it shows that it has a "Boot Delay" feature like other VIOFO cameras. You might want to check your camera's settings for the "Boot Delay" feature to see if it is set to 10 seconds. The settings are Off / 5 seconds / 10 seconds. I usually set my VIOFO camera's boot delay to 5 seconds to make sure it will wait to see contstant power for at least 5 seconds before it boots up the camera.

Thanks, I checked all of that. The boot delay is currently off.

10 seconds sounds about right
Thanks, I just got some feedback from a distributor and he said the A129 Plus Duo should also boot in 3-4 sec just like the A129Plus Pro.

My A129 Plus Duo takes about 10 seconds to boot up. Maybe different firmware versions have different boot-up times?

It's through cig power through a 3-in-1 12v adapter which has 4 USB ports. In my car the accessory power is on all the time and the adapter has an on/off switch. I need to test again while using Viofo's 12v USB adapter since I'm using the USB from the 3-in-1 12v with USB adapter.

Yeah use the correct adaptor for starters, they do start quicker when hardwired with the 3 wire power supply, but using the correct cig power supply is more about stability issues, reliability is always the first priority for any camera system

Sorry fellas, I should have updated this further. I took a look at another 2 youtube videos with the A129 Plus duo and in both of them I worked out the boot time to be around 10 sec. I had mine running from the Viofo Cig adapter and was getting 10 sec and I recently hardwired it using the Viofo hardwire kit and it is still around 9-10 sec. And I am running the latest update V 1.5

Last edited:
I found that if your using the 12v cig adaptor but have other devices plugged in like (a 3 way cig lighter adaptor) the other devices will take priority when booting up, I had this same issue with my a129 plus taking 10 seconds or sometimes more & it was due to me powering up my speed camera device first then the a129 after which took time to boot up so now I plug in the a129 first which boots up within 3-5 seconds then plug in my other device & no issues now, problem solved.

Back