A129 Plus Duo Buffered Parking Mode?

Supernaturalz

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello,

Im in the market to get a new dash cam, and I heard that Viofo removed the buffered parking mode feature.

My question is what will I be missing after it has been removed? how will the parking mode work? I am a bit confused now

What I want is after the car is shut off, I want the dash cam to keep recording in parking mode continuously, so when an incident happens, I have the whole video before and after.

With buffered parking mode, the dashcam saves a 15-second video before the event and 30 seconds after the event when an event is detected.

A129 Plus Duo will save the current video clip when an event is detected. The clip length is the time you set in the loop recording.

If you want it to record continuously in parking mode, just use Low Bitrate Mode.

With buffered parking mode, the dashcam saves a 15-second video before the event and 30 seconds after the event when an event is detected.

A129 Plus Duo will save the current video clip when an event is detected. The clip length is the time you set in the loop recording.
So, this feature has been removed from the Plus Duo? I am planning to buy this dash cam, so I would like to know if this feature would ever be reinstated?

@VIOFO-Support / is there a plan to bring back the buffered parking mode to the A129 plus duo camera system?
(that was one of the main reasons I purchased the cameras when they first came out)

Adding this function would cause the dashcam to work unstably.
Then why did this mode remain in the last FW A129 Duo (v2.1) ? Unstable work remained, all should use instead LowBitrate mode.

The unstable situation is only for A129 Plus Duo.
Not at all. Buffer mode does not work in principle in A129 Duo - recording stops and freezes, last v2.1 slows down and lags a lot. Therefore, everyone is forced to use the early 1.5 with LowBitrate. But 2.1 is stubbornly exposed on Viofo site.

Without the buffered parking mode feature, does that mean that if there is a shock on the car, there will will be no normal recording at this moment ? Only low bitrate mode or low fps mode ?

Without the buffered parking mode feature, does that mean that if there is a shock on the car, there will will be no normal recording at this moment ? Only low bitrate mode or low fps mode ?
Auto Event Detection is still a feature on the A129 Plus, it's just not buffered (you won't see 10 seconds before the trigger).

Auto Event Detection is still a feature on the A129 Plus, it's just not buffered (you won't see 10 seconds before the trigger).
What is better as a two cameras setup: two 119 v3 with only 30 fps and normal buffered parking mode, or 129 plus duo with 60fps and other parking modes?
I wish to be able to capture well an accident/someone hitting the car. I understood in this regard that the 60fps is useful for license plate reading. I also wonder if i can wire two v3 for parking mode, and if it won't kill the battery (normal gas car). Thank you

What is better as a two cameras setup: two 119 v3 with only 30 fps and normal buffered parking mode, or 129 plus duo with 60fps and other parking modes?
I wish to be able to capture well an accident/someone hitting the car. I understood in this regard that the 60fps is useful for license plate reading. I also wonder if i can wire two v3 for parking mode, and if it won't kill the battery (normal gas car). Thank you
I would personally use the A129 Plus DUO with the HK3 hardwire kit over 2 separate A119V3 cameras with 2 HK3 kits. The A129 Plus has Low Bitrate parking mode, which will be much more reliable than buffered park mode.

Last edited:
A139 is an upgrade of A129, so it is more compatible and we have designed that feature on A139 when we develop it, so it is kind of difficult to add that to PLUS now,

A139 is an upgrade of A129, so it is more compatible and we have designed that feature on A139 when we develop it, so it is kind of difficult to add that to PLUS now,
Thanks for the reply, probably I will get the A139 as it may benefit of more updates and fixes in the future.
One more question. Will Viofo switch in the near future all new cameras to the A139 form factor or will go in parallel with both A129 and A139?

Last edited:
I think that Viofo will keep the A129 form factor for long time and maybe they will offer more versions based on T130 style.

I think that Viofo will keep the A129 form factor for long time and maybe they will offer more versions based on T130 style.
Hi there,
I see you have both A139 and A129 plus..is the A139 a better deal considering the new thinner cable, the USB-C type and maybe the assumption that being newer it will have some more updates of firmware in the future ?
Also, does A139 has buffered parking mode ? Because I read that they have removed it also from A139 at the moment.
Thanks!

A139 is better build so the quality of the dashcam is better. For the moment the buffered parking mode is disabled in official firmware but is tested in some beta firmware. Also I expect the firmware to be improved because it is a new model.

A139 is better build so the quality of the dashcam is better. For the moment the buffered parking mode is disabled in official firmware but is tested in some beta firmware. Also I expect the firmware to be improved because it is a new model.
yes, A139 has better components and design and is also refined by the new firmwares.

Back