A129 Plus Duo Buffered Parking Mode?

@VIOFO-Support : I love the idea of 2in1 for front and interior camera of T130 compared to A139 (less cable), but on paper they seem exactly the same (except the interior camera).
Why the quality of the footage is so different between these two for the front camera? The A139 seems superior but it has the same processor and the same Sony 335 sensor.
Is this a matter of firmware ?

A139 is better build so the quality of the dashcam is better. For the moment the buffered parking mode is disabled in official firmware but is tested in some beta firmware. Also I expect the firmware to be improved because it is a new model.

Did I read correctly? The new A139 doesn't have buffered parking in the latest stable firmware?
And no buffered parking mode for the A129 Plus.

I've got the A129 Pro and I've been using the buffered mode for more than 2 years without issue. I guess the A129 Pro remains a great choice.
I recently got a 2nd car and I was thinking to get the A129 Plus, mostly for its 2k sensor that does a better job at night than the 4k sensor on the A129 Pro but I might consider getting another A129 Pro if it's the only Viofo Dashcam that has buffered parking mode

The A129 Duo also has buffered parking mode. 4k dashcams don't do as well in low light (night situations) plus 4k cams also run hotter, not to mention require a huge increase in SD card storage. It seems the experts are saying 2k dashcams are the sweet spot.

On the one hand, it's surprising that Viofo does not offer buffered parking across the board... on the other hand, since everything appears to be pretty much in beta mode, it's not surprising at all!

Most people desire a good parking mode in their dashcams which of course includes buffered parking.

We send A139 testing firmware with buffered parking recording for some users before. This feature will be included in the latest V1.7 version.
The A129 Plus doesn't support buffered parking mode.

We send A139 testing firmware with buffered parking recording for some users before. This feature will be included in the latest V1.7 version.
As I mentioned, the Viofo cameras seem to always be in beta mode... If you wait long enough you just might get the feature you're hoping for. - - And not only does the Viofo a129 Pro have buffered parking mode, but so does the older A129 Duo, but not the A129 Plus... why?

In the meantime, Viofo is still trying to get A139 customers the feature that most everyone wants - buffered parking.

The A129 Duo also has buffered parking mode. 4k dashcams don't do as well in low light (night situations) plus 4k cams also run hotter, not to mention require a huge increase in SD card storage. It seems the experts are saying 2k dashcams are the sweet spot.

On the one hand, it's surprising that Viofo does not offer buffered parking across the board... on the other hand, since everything appears to be pretty much in beta mode, it's not surprising at all!

Most people desire a good parking mode in their dashcams which of course includes buffered parking.

I think you got mixed up.
The A129 Duo is a 1080p dashcam, not 2k.
The A129 PLUS Duo is a 1440p dashcam. I think that the one you are referring to when you mentioned better performance in low light.

I agree with you 1440p (Viofo A129 PLUS) is the sweet spot as it offers better picture quality in low light conditions (read again my post, I mentioned the better picture quality at night and I said it was why I was considering buying an A129 PLUS).

The issue is that the A129 PLUS doesn't support buffered parking. That's my problem, I like buffered parking mode, it works great on my A129 Pro and I don't want to get an A129 PLUS if it doesn't have buffered parking mode.

If the A129PLUS had buffered parking mode, agreed it would have been the perfect dashcam and I would have bought it for my 2nd car.
But since I want buffered parking I will probably buy a 2nd A129 Pro

Thanks for confirming.
Do you know which parking modes are available on the A129 PLUS?

Last edited:
I think you got mixed up.
The A129 Duo is a 1080p dashcam, not 2k.
The A129 PLUS Duo is a 1440p dashcam. I think that the one you are referring to when you mentioned better performance in low light.

I agree with you 1440p (Viofo A129 PLUS) is the sweet spot as it offers better picture quality in low light conditions (read again my post, I mentioned the better picture quality at night and I said it was why I was considering buying an A129 PLUS).

The issue is that the A129 PLUS doesn't support buffered parking. That's my problem, I like buffered parking mode, it works great on my A129 Pro and I don't want to get an A129 PLUS if it doesn't have buffered parking mode.

If the A129PLUS had buffered parking mode, agreed it would have been the perfect dashcam and I would have bought it for my 2nd car.
But since I want buffered parking I will probably buy a 2nd A129 Pro.

I fully understand the Viofo dilemma. Both the 1080 (A129 Duo) and the 1440 resolution dashcams (A129 Plus) will have much better video in low light conditions then the 4k camera (A129 Pro).

For some non-understandable reason, the a129 plus, which would be the best pick, does not offer parking mode. But even their older model, the A129 Duo, does indeed offer parking mode which most consumers desire.

A challenge when using the 4k cameras in some places is that heat can be problematic... the cams will shut down because they run hotter!

And of course the newer model A139 does not yet have parking mode either.

So, someone could buy an A129 Duo at a much lower cost, get better night vision, not worry about the heat factor, have parking mode and get much more mileage out of their SD card... or buy the A129 Pro if the above issues aren't important.

For some non-understandable reason, the a129 plus, which would be the best pick, does not offer parking mode. But even their older model, the A129 Duo, does indeed offer parking mode which most consumers desire.

And of course the newer model A139 does not yet have parking mode either.
Both these cameras have parking mode, it's just not buffered. They also offer all the other parking modes. The A139 will have it in the next update. It's been my understanding that the A129 Plus DUO does not have it because the rear camera has it's own processor and that was causing issues during Auto Event Detection (buffered parking mode). Not 100% sure that's the case, but it was what I understood to be the issue.

Both these cameras have parking mode, it's just not buffered. They also offer all the other parking modes. The A139 will have it in the next update. It's been my understanding that the A129 Plus DUO does not have it because the rear camera has it's own processor and that was causing issues during Auto Event Detection (buffered parking mode). Not 100% sure that's the case, but it was what I understood to be the issue.
Thanks for your clarification CYA. Buffered parking appears to be one of the top 3 features most people want on their dashcams.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the older A129 Duo has buffered parking mode. One would assume that if an older model (A129 Duo) and a newer model (A129 Pro) has buffered parking mode, that all intervening models (A129 Plus) would have the same.

And for some reason the newer A139 users need to wait for a future firmware update to get this sought after feature. The good thing is they will eventually get it.

Last edited:
Thanks for your clarification CYA. Buffered parking appears to be one of the top 3 features most people want on their dashcams.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the older A129 Duo has buffered parking mode. One would assume that if an older model (A129 Duo) and a newer model (A129 Pro) has buffered parking mode, that all intervening models (A129 Plus) would have the same.

And for some reason the newer A139 users need to wait for a future firmware update to get this sought after feature. The good thing is they will eventually get it.
Yes, the regular A129 DUO has buffered parking mode (Auto Event Detection). Neither the regular or Pro cameras rear cameras have separate processors for the rear camera, only the Plus model does. This is where the issue arises I believe.

Back