A129 plus duo freezes up frequently

John11

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

Above link you will see the freezing up of this dash cam although it is just one week old. it is hardwired to the fuses by the way. and it is the Non-GPS version. The issue comes up every few hours either while driving or when I'm away and get back to the car and discover the freezing and I had to disconnect and re-plug it.

You can see in the pictures the selected settings, any thing strange?

The micro card used is 256 GB San Disk High Endurance. Any thoughts on solving this issue?

1.jpgy.2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
Re-seat the rear camera cable on both ends. Your rear camera is not showing on the LCD. Are you using the rear cable that came with the A129 Plus?

yet rear camera firmware version is showing under the Firmware
I have the A129 Plus DUO in my car. I unplugged the rear camera and started up the camera and the app still shows the rear camera firmware in the app. So, it does not indicate whether the rear camera is detected or not.

I have the A129 Plus DUO in my car. I unplugged the rear camera and started up the camera and the app still shows the rear camera firmware in the app. So, it does not indicate whether the rear camera is detected or not.
Cached in the app maybe

How did you figure that out that LCD is not working? its not written on the screen.
I did not say LCD screen was not working. When you have both cameras connected, the LCD screen will show them in the top right. Depending on your settings, both video images will show as well. Your camera is showing 1600p only, which means only the front camera is being recognized. This usually indicates an issue with the rear cable or rear camera. Re-seating the connections should be the first step.

My rear camera shows up, as seen in photo below.

I hope the rear cable is not damaged/crushed where it may cause some power issue. My other thoughts relate to the memory card. Previously, Sandisk cards were not dashcam friendly, maybe try another memory card. Make sure the card is formatted to FAT32 as recommended by Viofo (large capacity cards are pre-formatted as exFat). There are programs to do this: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/help-files-memory-cards-sd-formatter.40449/

A129.jpg

Back