A129 Plus Duo - How to update rear camera?

ru2a2l7ms2b7

Reaction score
Country
Gabon
Last edited:
Hello,

I'm a little stuck on how to update the rear camera, as I understand it has to be updated separately from the front camera.

As per the instructions on https://support.viofo.com/support/s...7980-viofo-a129-plus-duo-dash-camera-firmware

After updating the front camera its restarted and I press the wifi button, a short press does nothing and a long press enables wifi?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Copy only RearcamA129FW.update and RearcamA129FW.bin files to your microSD card again and power up the dash cam. Follow on screen instruction to update the rear (press the WiFi button to start the transfer).

Hi, hope this resolves issue if any one else has the same problem

Format sdcard via dashcam- It automatically formats to FAT32. Use an SD card 128GB or smaller- Skip this step if you already have a Fat32 card, you don't need a new card.

Transfer all three files to root folder.

Disconnect rear camera and then insert SD card. Power up Dashcam from continuous power source-Laptop, external battery/charger etc. *

The firmware will install and Dashcam will boot. Will take about a minute till camera starts recording (Do not press any buttons as this break's the sequence)

Then connect rear camera. Once you see image from rear camera, stop recording by pressing Rec. The rec LED will start to flash.

Then press the wifi button and you will see the Send FW to transmission note.

Wait for about 45seconds. The camera will start and begin recording.

Check firmware.

Please note rear camera may still state version 1.0 but date will be updated.

Good luck.

* Edit Use usb to supply power not the GPS point.

Last edited:
Reactions: gse
Hi there,
Where do you get the file for the rear camera? The Viofo support page for the A129 Plus Duo
is only listing 2 files, each one depending on the 'build' of the camera. No mention of rear camera.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Viofo Update.JPG
    Viofo Update.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Viofo Update 2.JPG
    Viofo Update 2.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Same question here... Couldnt find the rear camera firmware.

Does anyone can help?

Back