A129 Plus Duo, iPhone not connecting to camera's WiFi, cannot use Viofo app

tilt

Reaction score
Country
India
iPhone XR, iOS 15.0.1, A129 Plus Duo Firmware VIOFOA129DuoPlusFWv1.0(20200925)

Brand new camera, just received today.

I followed the instructions, opened the app, clicked on Connect Camera, went to iphone settings, the camera shows the wifi name and password, phoen shows wifi name.

I click to connect.

The phone keeps trying to connect, the gear icon keeps going round and round forever; and finally says "Unable to join".

I am about to Google this, but thought I'd post here first and then google simultaneously. People here have shown themselves to know way more than what Google knows :)

Cheers

When connecting to the dashcam's Wi-Fi with iPhone, please turn on airplane mode or turn off mobile data first.

When connecting to the dashcam's Wi-Fi with iPhone, please turn on airplane mode or turn off mobile data first.
Thank you, I shall try this and post an update.

One question though - should I do this every time I want to connect the phone app to the camera or is this a one-timne exercise? Thereason I ask is, I would not want to be in airplane mode when I am driving.

Thank you and cheers

I admit I did not use this bin file to update to the latest firmware - I used the file on this forum website itself, because the one on this forum contaioned the update for the rear camera firmware too, not just the front camera alone.

I am not sure if the bin file you linked to (FWA129S) contains the rear camera update too or not. Would you happen to have any knowledge/advice on this - use the forum file or the one you linked to?

Thank you and cheers

Back