A129 Plus Duo REC Freezing **driving mode to parking mode**

stivine66

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I've owned my Viofo A129 Plus Duo 2k for 1 year and 3 months now. It was working flawlessly up until this week. The camera would freeze up when switching from driving mode to parking mode (low bitrate recording) and vice versa when i+I switch from parking mode to driving mode. I was using a Sandisk High Endurance 256gb sd card and thought that may have been the issue so i bought a Samsung Pro Endurance 128gb card and the same issue still occurs. Any insights on this? Very disappointed with Viofo as the warranty just ended (1 year). My A119 is still going strong 3 years in my other car, likely not going to go with Viofo again at this point.

Things that I've tried
  • Power cord directly into camera (not the GPS mount)
  • Reformatted the Sandisk High Endurance Card (took 4 hours)
  • Reset the camera and default all settings
  • Updated to latest firmware
  • Bought a brand new Samsung Pro Endurance 128gb card
Demonstration of the problem I'm having

When you updated the firmware, did you then go into the cameras settings and manually default the settings (you didn't specify when you defaulted the cameras settings)? After defaulting the camera, did you then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds? Do so if you did not.

Have you tried formatting the SanDisk card with SDFormatter? Full overwrite? Format in the camera after SDFormatter.

Have you tested with the rear camera cable unplugged?

When you updated the firmware, did you then go into the cameras settings and manually default the settings (you didn't specify when you defaulted the cameras settings)? After defaulting the camera, did you then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds? Do so if you did not.

Have you tried formatting the SanDisk card with SDFormatter? Full overwrite? Format in the camera after SDFormatter.

Have you tested with the rear camera cable unplugged?

I might have but i honestly do not recall since i have playing with so many times trying different methods. So i just went outside and tried your suggestion. Seems to work ok right now (i did not unplug the rear camera) will try that if it freezes again. I turned on and off the car about 6-8 times

And yes i did the full overwrite with the Sandisk card it took about 4 hours. Im going to swap and stick with the Samsung card for now to see since it's new

Thanks for your suggestion! I will report back shortly

Have you tested with the rear camera cable unplugged? basketball stars
I could have, but I honestly don't remember because I've played with it so much and tried so many various things. I immediately tried your idea by going outside. I didn't unplug the rear camera, but it currently seems to be working OK. If it freezes again, I'll try that. I started and stopped the automobile six to eight times.

And yes, I used the Sandisk card to perform the complete overwrite; it took about 4 hours. Since it's new, I'm going to switch and use the Samsung card for the time being.

I appreciate your suggestion. I'll let you know soon.

Back