A129 Plus Duo - RFID-based toll tag interference?

tilt

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello all,

Stuck in the centre of my front windshield (just behind and slightly under the mirror) I have an RFID tag for the toll plazas here (Fastag). It is well and truly stuck and cannot be moved, will only be destroyed by removing - necessitating purchase of a replacement tag.

The best position for the A129 Plus Duo happens to be at that exact spot or as close to it as possible (since the camera can only swivel vertically and not horizontally). The camera needs to be as close to the horizontal centre of the windshield because of this.

My question is, will the camera cause the toll-tag to glitch out? Will the tag cause the camera to glitch out? I cannot afford to have either of these glitch out, especially the toll tag.

The FCC info in the user manual of the camera does mention that the camera generates radio frequencies and should not be installed near other electronic devices. Would the toll-tag be considered an electronic device for this purpose?

Thank you all and cheers

Mine's a few inches from the cameras, don't think it interferes. If it does, you can always get a new sticker and stick it a little further away.

Mine is less than an inch below it in both of my cars and haven't had any issues.

Harsh & CaptureYour Action, thank you for the prompt response. One more question if I may: does your toll tag (EZPass for example) refuse to or take time to register a toll when youer camera is so close by? That is what I am worried about, not the camera itself glitching, but more the toll tag glitching when trying to go thru the toll booth.

Cheers

That's what I assumed you were worried about. I haven't had any issue with my EZPass.

Mine's a few inches from the cameras, don't think it interferes. If it does, you can always get a new sticker and stick it a little further away.

Mine is less than an inch below it in both of my cars and haven't had any issues.

Gents, I just completed a five-day road-trip with the camera adjacent to the toll-tag, and just like you said, there were no glitches with the toll-tag being read.

Thank you once again, I merely wanted to keep you informed.

Cheers

Just an update to let ypou all know that I installed the rear camera too and hardwired the cameras using the Viofo hardwire kit; and everything works properly with no interference with any toll sensors. I have done a few thousand kilometers since I bought the camera and am quite satisfied with it.

Thanks again and cheers

Back