A129 plus duo with eMMC randomly losing rear camera connection in parking mode

No problem with the rear camera "A129 plus duo with eMMC randomly losing rear camera connection in parking mode"
I tested the Viofo with a laboratory power supply the A129 Plus before installing it in my vehicle
I would like to thank the VIOFO Official website via Aliexpress because the first HK3 kit ordered did not work in cut-off, it always left current, it only cut from 10.2 Volt in the 4 positions
He sent me back another kit without problem by express and without asking me to send it back to me.
I advise you to check your kit before a final installation because if I had not done the test I was going to install it to find myself with a battery in a very short time HS with a cut to 10.2 V
Thank you. Maybe it works better with HK3... They do seem to have significant quality issues: my camera, your HK3, another person in firmware discussion said that his first A119V3 was bad... !
What parking mode are you using since it seems to important?? I'm using low bitrate (I don't really see a good alternative).

resolution: 2560x1440P 60fps
flow rate: Superior
parking mode: low flow recording
compression h265

resolution: 2560x1440P 60fps
flow rate: Superior
parking mode: low flow recording
compression h265
Thanks. The only differnce seems to be HK3 (maybe parking mode is different when it gets signal from HK3 vs just GPS/picture), unless you're running different firmware (I have 1.4 front and 1.3 rear). I will wait and see how Viofo responds - so far they wanted picure of firmware version...

The camera bought and received 1 month ago, I haven't downloaded any new firmware yet
I’m only on the front camera (I’ve got 1.4 in the front)
But it seems to me that (it's the 1.0 on the back)

The camera bought and received 1 month ago, I haven't downloaded any new firmware yet
I’m only on the front camera (I’ve got 1.4 in the front)
But it seems to me that (it's the 1.0 on the back)
Thx. Maybe 1.3 in the back is the problem. I upgraded both old and new cameras immediately. This and HK3 are the only differences. However, there seems no going back on firmware, unless Viofo sends me old version and asks to downgrade.
Overall very time consuming and frustrating experience... Next time I'm going to immediately return any camera with any type of problem...

Update: left car at around 7 PM with working cameras, next morning found with screen frozen at 10 PM (with rear camera off), which to me again makes power problems (than a user can easily fix) unlikely.
Viofo support recommended switching off parking mode - testing...

Unpdate: seems to work (>24h so far) with parking mode off as suggested by Viofo... Not really a solution but may help someone troubleshoot... Maybe firmware 1.3 for rear camera breaks parking mode...

Update: camera recorded for 7 days without freezing with *parking mode off* so this seems to be the problem. They seem to have pulled rear camera firmware update (to 1.3) for EMMC version, so maybe this was the problem.
Hopefully new firmware will resolve issue.

Back