tomer_roz

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Plus Duo
I bought 2 of the model A129 PLUS

one for my private car and one for my father - to his taxi
and maybe I was confused about the many models and I told the seller on Aliexpress that he a taxi driver
I think that he knows that I gonna put the rear camera to film inside the car

but now I release that its a regular camera without an IR at all and even didn't support if I buy the IR rear camera separately
because no menu for IR and no support at all

only to the model A129 PRO VIOFO release IR support firmware

so what can I do?
replace it to A129 PRO+IR rear camera? or .. the A129 DUO IR?

I love the capture of the A129 PLUS
at night and during the day
and the A129 is a downgrade and the A129 PRO isn't an upgrade at all because the night capture is poor and glary so much

any suggestions?

Maybe A139 when it release. ( 3 channel )
I think to take use of additional IR camera for other camera you also need to load other firmware

Maybe A139 when it release. ( 3 channel )
I think to take use of additional IR camera for other camera you also need to load other firmware
I didn't understand you
it's possible to upgrade the A129 PLUS to support IR rear camera?

можно ли обновить A129 PLUS для поддержки ИК-камеры заднего вида?
Насколько я знаю, у A129 есть 4K ik для салона, дальность действия составляет 2-3 метра, для задней камеры эффективности не будет.

As far as I know, the A129 has 4K ik for the salon, the range is 2-3 meters, there will be no efficiency for the rear camera.
I didn't understand you...

I didn't understand you
it's possible to upgrade the A129 PLUS to support IR rear camera?
Not currently, but Viofo did say that they were looking at producing an IR version of the rear camera. The current IR rear camera for the standard A129 will not work with the Plus model.

The standard camera can be mounted for internal use, and will work fine during the day. At night it will work OK whenever the car interior lamp is on, and will see something when under streetlights. IR is better for taxi use, but not essential.

As Kamkar says, the A139 has IR on the internal camera and very similar image quality to the A129 Plus, but that is a different camera, not an upgrade for the A129 Plus.

Not currently, but Viofo did say that they were looking at producing an IR version of the rear camera. The current IR rear camera for the standard A129 will not work with the Plus model.

The standard camera can be mounted for internal use, and will work fine during the day. At night it will work OK whenever the car interior lamp is on, and will see something when under streetlights. IR is better for taxi use, but not essential.

As Kamkar says, the A139 has IR on the internal camera and very similar image quality to the A129 Plus, but that is a different camera, not an upgrade for the A129 Plus.
Yea my dad is a taxi driver

The different models can be confusing because of similar names :(

If you have not installed the cam, the seller might let you return it to buy the cam you want. You will have to ask them to know. And you will need to ask for the exact cam you want by it's name to avoid misunderstandings. I looked at the Viofo website, and the only model that had IR is the A129 Duo IR 2-channel. You need to ask the seller for that exact cam.

Phil

Viofo dont seem to have a option to upgrade from any regular duo camera to a duo IR, you either get the one or the other system, but so far no A129 plus duo IR.
And to be honest with the A139 on the horizon i dont think there will be any such camera

Viofo don't seem to have a option to upgrade from any regular duo camera to a duo IR
For the standard 1080 resolution A129, you just download the appropriate firmware for the type of rear camera you have.

okay.
I was not able to find a accessory IR camera on the viofo HP

IR camera for A129 can be purchased separately. I expect this to be the same also for A129 Plus, but only if the IR version of A129 had good sales.

enjoy,
Mtz

We are developing a new IR camera for Plus version, plan to use a different sensor this time.

We are developing a new IR camera for Plus version, plan to use a different sensor this time.
Will be 1080P or 1440P?
and sony 3XX cmos?
Or the 291?

Back