tomer_roz

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Plus Duo
hey I installed my A129 PLUS DUO today
with Hardwire kit from Viofo

do all the installation as I should do with youtube videos that show step by step
the camera knows when I enter the parking mode and a drive mode perfectly

but after I think 10 min the camera shut down and lost her power till I turn the key again
the hardwire on the 12.0V mode

I have a charger on the car, and he displays the current Voltage when I turn the key to position number 2
so I see the camera just off, I turn the key, and its display 12.1 and jumps to 12.4 immediately

you think my battery reaches 12V and the hardwire stop supply power to the camera?
maybe I need to put it 11.8 any risk?

I need help with that
Thanks!

you think my battery reaches 12V and the hardwire stop supply power to the camera?
No, it has a timer on the low voltage cut off so that will not happen.

Your problem will be that you have connected the battery + cable to a fuse that turns off while you are starting the engine and also after being parked for 10 minutes. You need to find a fuse that is always on.

No, it has a timer on the low voltage cut off so that will not happen.

Your problem will be that you have connected the battery + cable to a fuse that turns off while you are starting the engine and also after being parked for 10 minutes. You need to find a fuse that is always on.
The battery+ connected to a fuze that always on
The Acc connected to a Cigarette lighter that turn on when i turn the key to position 2

I do something wrong?
Maybe my battery down to 12V to fast
And the hardwire controller stops the drain ?

Like Nigel suggests, many cars now turn off a lot of their power feeds when the car enters sleep mode 10-15 mins after locking. Have you monitored that fuse when the camera goes off to make sure it does still have voltage and what that voltage is?
I’ve no experience with the low voltage cut off settings on the parking mode wiring kits but if your battery is measuring close to 12.0 v already then yes maybe try lowering the threshold slightly to 11.8v

Like Nigel suggests, many cars now turn off a lot of their power feeds when the car enters sleep mode 10-15 mins after locking. Have you monitored that fuse when the camera goes off to make sure it does still have voltage and what that voltage is?
I’ve no experience with the low voltage cut off settings on the parking mode wiring kits but if your battery is measuring close to 12.0 v already then yes maybe try lowering the threshold slightly to 11.8v
Every fuze get 12V

You just need to find someone with a power that didnt go off

And one that turn on when you turn the key

Just like that

Maybe the battery little bit old
(3 years old or something like that)

And one that turn on when you turn the key
It also needs to turn off when you turn the key off, it seems from post #1 that it becomes disconnected, not turned off, maybe it goes to 3.5V instead of 0.0 volts.

It also needs to turn off when you turn the key off, it seems from post #1 that it becomes disconnected, not turned off, maybe it goes to 3.5V instead of 0.0 volts.
I try to explain it again
I turn off the car , the camera turn into a parking mode

After few min the camera lost her power

(because the hardwire controller understand that the battery down to 12.0V and shutdown the camera to defend my car battery)

I didnt understand what you trying to say
If i find fuze that didnt turn off and i plug the battery+ to this place

And i find fuze that turn on with the key
And i plug it to the Acc yellow wire

Whats wrong with what i do?

I try to explain it again
I turn off the car , the camera turn into a parking mode

After few min the camera lost her power

(because the hardwire controller understand that the battery down to 12.0V and shutdown the camera to defend my car battery)

I didnt understand what you trying to say
If i find fuze that didnt turn off and i plug the battery+ to this place

And i find fuze that turn on with the key
And i plug it to the Acc yellow wire

Whats wrong with what i do?
If you measure the voltage at the fuse, then turn the car off, watch the voltage when the camera is shutting down. Does the fuse drop below 12v? If yes then you need to lower the threshold on your wiring kit but if it drops off totally to 0v then you need a different fuse.

things to factor in.
Some more modern day cars (I know bmw do) monitor closed current power and it it sees a higher than normal drain it will switch off circuits to stop the drain.
Also some cars (again bmw definitely do as do VAG) have ‘permanent’ 12V feeds that stay active with ignition off but then turn off when the bus networks go to sleep.

If it is time for a new battery anyway, then using 11.8 will not do any harm.

It would be good to know what the voltages are using a multimeter, the display on a charger that only works when the key is turned will not be very useful.

If you measure the voltage at the fuse, then turn the car off, watch the voltage when the camera is shutting down. Does the fuse drop below 12v? If yes then you need to lower the threshold on your wiring kit but if it drops off totally to 0v then you need a different fuse.

things to factor in.
Some more modern day cars (I know bmw do) monitor closed current power and it it sees a higher than normal drain it will switch off circuits to stop the drain.
Also some cars (again bmw definitely do as do VAG) have ‘permanent’ 12V feeds that stay active with ignition off but then turn off when the bus networks go to sleep.
I didnt know exactly if it will do any change to move it switch

I check the fuze with a checking lamp not a multimeter because i didnt have one

Anyway my car is a Toyota corolla from 2003
The battery there like 3 years
Never felt a problems to turn on the engine

I have a mutimedia that have a quick start
If you know the brand "Joying"

(if my car didnt start few days the multimedia boot)

I didnt know exactly if it will do any change to move it switch

I check the fuze with a checking lamp not a multimeter because i didnt have one

Anyway my car is a Toyota corolla from 2003
The battery there like 3 years
Never felt a problems to turn on the engine

I have a mutimedia that have a quick start
If you know the brand "Joying"

(if my car didnt start few days the multimedia boot)
Ok, I doubt a 2003 Toyota will be deactivating the fuse how I described.
3 years old isn’t that old for a battery but it does sound like your issue is with the voltage level, if you can’t use a multimeter to measure the voltage then yes turn it to 11.8v and the see how well it operates. If the voltage is dropping a lot when not used for a few days then you likely have a battery issue or something causing it to drain.

If the voltage is dropping a lot when not used for a few days then you likely have a battery issue or something causing it to drain.
Or a dying alternator so that the battery is not charging properly.

update:
The camera still on (something like 40min)
and i change it back to 12V from 11.8V
and the camera didnt shutdown

Without turn the key and didnt touch anything
just move the hardwire position back to 12V

why when i put a 12V from the start
the camera stand only 5min or little more like 7

nobody can hope to answer that unless you get a multimeter and take some voltage readings
I didn't own one but maybe I will change the Battery+ place?

in 11.8V the camera stay 40min (the camera didn't shut down) I just jump after 40min to check and change it to 12V to avoid issues with starting my car

after that, i change position to 12V on the Hardwire kit
The camera was supposed to turn off but the camera didn't turn off
like a 30sec after the change to 12V

I close my car and go home again
i will check later

why when i put a 12V from the start
the camera stand only 5min or little more like 7
The most likely explanation for that is one of the cells in the battery is dying so the battery is no longer a 12 volt battery, maybe fully charged is now 12.1 volts instead of 12.7 volts. It is also possible you have an alternator problem which causes the battery not to charge properly. Or maybe you are not driving enough, if you only drive 5 minutes per day then you will not have enough charge for parking mode. Even a very cheap multimeter will tell you which problem it is, otherwise take it to a professional to check the battery and they will tell you what is wrong.

The most likely explanation for that is one of the cells in the battery is dying so the battery is no longer a 12 volt battery, maybe fully charged is now 12.1 volts instead of 12.7 volts. It is also possible you have an alternator problem which causes the battery not to charge properly. Or maybe you are not driving enough, if you only drive 5 minutes per day then you will not have enough charge for parking mode. Even a very cheap multimeter will tell you which problem it is, otherwise take it to a professional to check the battery and they will tell you what is wrong.
maybe I will check that with an expert

nobody can hope to answer that unless you get a multimeter and take some voltage readings

Agreed. Even a cheap digital meter will be accurate enough here, and they can be found for just a few bucks/euros. You will also find that many switched circuits have the power dropped when the starter is operating, and that momentary power loss can cause erratic cam functioning. You can get the fusebox layout for most cars HERE

Phil

Back