A129 plus reset time and date every time

yangren13

Reaction score
Country
United States
My time zone is GMT-4, but my cam always start at another time zone no matter I set the time by setting or by sync through the phone. Is there anything else I can do to solve the problem? Thanks.

It sounds like a RTC battery issue.
Have you contacted Viofo about this?

It sounds like a RTC battery issue.
Have you contacted Viofo about this?
I haven't contact Viofo yet but will do right now. I remember someone used to told me the cam has a super capacitor for the power source for saving date and time and other information. Could you tell more about the RTC issue? Thanks.

RTC battery hold time and date. What time zone does it change to? Are you setting the time zone though the app or on the camera itself?

These cameras come with capacitors as well as the RTC battery surface mounted and soldered in to the circuit board.
The RTC is responsible for holding and keeping the date and time settings.
The capacitors are responsible to properly close and save a recorded file once your vehicle power is shut down, similar to a battery function.

Mine is GMT-4. It always changed to GMT-4 plus 8 hours

I tried both.

Thanks.
So the time zone stays @ -4, but time is 8 hours ahead?
RTC does not hold the time tone setting, just the actual time and date. When you first set it to -4, then exit the menu, does it hold? How long before it changes?
Turn off phone sync and let the GPS set the time and date.

So the time zone stays @ -4, but time is 8 hours ahead?
RTC does not hold the time tone setting, just the actual time and date. When you first set it to -4, then exit the menu, does it hold? How long before it changes?
Turn off phone sync and let the GPS set the time and date.
Yes, time is 8 hours ahead. The time zone is always @ -4, and it changed every time I shut down the car. The phone sync is not a function with on/off. It's just press and done.

Update or reinstall the firmware and see if it helps. Set the camera up again through the cameras menu, not the app and see how it is.

Back