A129 Plus WiFi

Is WiFi a problem with your cam

• Total voters

Bigvic2000

Reaction score
Country
United States
WiFi seems problematic with this product, I am trying to see if this is a solvable problem.

It is better to choose the 2.4G for this model, and use 5GHz on A129 Pro.

It is better to choose the 2.4G for this model, and use 5GHz on A129 Pro.
I’ve used both, no go. Why put WiFi if it doesn’t work. I’ve used iPhone and iPad Pro, no go. I don’t think I’m the only one. That’s why there’s a poll. I hope people will respond.

Welcome to the forum Bigvic2000.
Well that explain a little ( you using products from the fruit company )
Not to be a hater ( dislike oogle products just as much ) but people using your hardware often seem to have some additional hoops to jump thru.
Though the oogle powered devises also often act up and so will only connect when in airplane mode ASO.
A bit annoying as i have put aside my equal dislike for wifi itself as doing settings changes on a larger phone screen are much better for my tired old eyes VS the very small screen of a dashcam.
This larger screen fact are probably the sole reason i will keep a phone when my old mother die, CUZ she is the only reason for me carrying a phone, personally i dont need one.

Spending too much time on this forum i can not say i have noticed a spike of wifi problems with viofo cameras, they have sponsored me my first viofo camera recently ( the A139 ) and its wifi are excellent, which it also need to be as it is a screen-less camera.

I have another brand test camera, and for the love of anything love-able i can not connect to its wifi, or i can effortless now and then for a day, but then it become impossible again for a few months.
And i have tried every trick in the book on that camera, and the manker of it are as confused as i am ( though i have not tried to use a fruit brand product with that camera, dont know anyone aside for my niece which have their devises )

Welcome to the forum Bigvic2000.
Well that explain a little ( you using products from the fruit company )
Not to be a hater ( dislike oogle products just as much ) but people using your hardware often seem to have some additional hoops to jump thru.
Though the oogle powered devises also often act up and so will only connect when in airplane mode ASO.
A bit annoying as i have put aside my equal dislike for wifi itself as doing settings changes on a larger phone screen are much better for my tired old eyes VS the very small screen of a dashcam.
This larger screen fact are probably the sole reason i will keep a phone when my old mother die, CUZ she is the only reason for me carrying a phone, personally i dont need one.

Spending too much time on this forum i can not say i have noticed a spike of wifi problems with viofo cameras, they have sponsored me my first viofo camera recently ( the A139 ) and its wifi are excellent, which it also need to be as it is a screen-less camera.

I have another brand test camera, and for the love of anything love-able i can not connect to its wifi, or i can effortless now and then for a day, but then it become impossible again for a few months.
And i have tried every trick in the book on that camera, and the manker of it are as confused as i am ( though i have not tried to use a fruit brand product with that camera, dont know anyone aside for my niece which have their devises )
Thanks for the input, I tried
airplane mode it still does nothing but buffer, download speed is atrocious. I have no bias against apple, just don’t like Android products, my preference. It still remains that Viofo state it works with Apple products. Samsung endurance card also used, with latest firmware installed.

Yes wifi DL speeds on most dashcams are poor, even the ones that have 5GHZ, i much prefer my USB 3.0 card reader, but of course i am old in age and school, so much of today's smart stuff dont do it for me.
My daily screen time on my phone are 5 minutes, and if i have talked on it for over 1 hour in a month it is a bad month for me, i actually feel like i die a little when i touch it.

And even if you add a network plug, well dont help me much, just spent quite a few hours getting my friends home surveillance to work, network stuff are not my thing at all, and still my own CCTV are also network based.

My friend just changed to a new fiber ISP, and his new router, well it have 1 wifi, though it do support 2.4 and 5 GHZ, but when you run a speed test on it it also do fine ( well 400 mbit out of the 1000 he have but probably limitation of wifi standard on our phones )
Then trying to browse anything on 400 mbit which should be fine, well it is like you are back to a dial up modem and pages take forever and then some to load,,,,,, i will have to call his new ISP some day and get a explanation for that. ( my friend being totally lost on such matters )
On the wire you do get the 1 gbit just fine.

My own router ( cable but also 1 gbit connection ) also have 2.4 and 5 ghz wifi, but here it is 2 different wifi, not like my friends which seemingly change back and forth as needed.

am awaiting delivery of A129. I won’t be happy if wifi is (still) problematic.

watching this thread eagerly

cheers adrian

WiFi seems problematic with this product, I am trying to see if this is a solvable problem.
On some cameras, it helps if you put the phone next to the camera while it connects, not sure why, and I haven't noticed any issue with the A129 Plus.

What kind of problem? My copy has no problem. But it's true, I use WiFi occasionaly. That's because the Android app is obsolete, it should be updated. Maybe they'll do it this century.

Last edited:
What kind of problem? My copy have no problem. But it's true, I use WiFi occasionaly. That's because the Android app is obsolete, it should be updated. Maybe they'll do it this century.
WiFi buffers constantly, sometimes camera comes on a start of car, sometimes not, download time forever. No problem connecting, but the problems are profound.

That’s the only way you can connect.
Oh ok, I just know that on the A139 if the camera is recording it slows the Wi-fi right down and stops vids loading etc. So wondered if the same was true for this one.

Forget trying to review footage via wifi. It just isn't practical at all. I only wanted wifi to adjust settings and check the camera aim. For that it's great. Nothing worse than having to dismount a camera just to deal with a setting tweak. But for reviewing recordings, forget it. For that you'll need to take the card to a computer.

Forget trying to review footage via wifi. It just isn't practical at all. I only wanted wifi to adjust settings and check the camera aim. For that it's great. Nothing worse than having to dismount a camera just to deal with a setting tweak. But for reviewing recordings, forget it. For that you'll need to take the card to a computer.
I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment. I have come to the same conclusion, but why misrepresent the product that people buy with the expectation that they can view and download clips.

Back