A129 power Input Fault

R1KSU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Zerogogo R2. Zerogogo RW100. Mini0906. Viofo A129
My A129 has stopped accepting power from the side input when its in the car, I noticed it wasnt on when I finished work, got home and as someone suggested try plugging a phone charger in to try to power it, this worked !
I then tried it back in the car, nothing, BUT...I can power the cam from the GPS mount, Im using the official Viofo HWK.
I tried the 12v aux lead, that didnt power it from the side either.
I have left it for 24 hours and done a reset, re-loaded V1.5 firmware and that didnt fix it.
Any suggestions?
in the meantime I have raised a ticket with @viofo and wait a reply, I did buy this from Amazon UK, but there was only 1 month to return it?

Sounds like a fault because Side or GPS slots should both power the main unit and the GPS. The side slot being the one to use because the GPS slot causes problems with the HWK.

Try repeating the tests by plugging in to your computer to see if it powers up and is recognised. I havent done this on the GPS socket so dont know if that is a valid test)

You could then take the GPS unit off and repeat all your tests. Maybe there is a fault on the connection of GPS to main unit.

Thanks, I tried the pc and it does power the unit up, the GPS is stuck to my screen so dont want to remove it, If only I had a spare

Normally if you can can power on the camera with phone charger, the camera should be OK.
Can you use the original included charger to do long testing?
Also can you share your ticket number via PM?

I can try the original, it will work as I tried one off a different cam.

Original 12v usb adapter and lead didnt work.

Hardwire kit works in the GPS mount, with ignition on and off, so that indicates both taps are working I believe.

Hardwire kit works in the GPS mount, with ignition on and off, so that indicates both taps are working I believe.
That only confirms one tap is working, the second power wire does nothing when connected via the mount

OK thanks, will check the fuse, I havnt been getting home until its dark and freezing temps atm were putting me off, didn't know it only used one wire. The official 12v USB adapter doesn't work in the side port either.
UPDATE: I checked the fuses, they are both ok.
I now have an RMA from Viofo, so will be sending it back for exchange.

Last edited:
New brand new A129 front camera in the box complete with GPS mount and extras just arrived, and it works, so it was a fault with the previous camera , Interestingly its only on firmware V1.0. So upped it to 1.5 straight away. Thanks @viofo

Back