A129 Pro beta user here, the power base has failed.

I thought my base failed as well as I lost power to the camera. When I plugged into the camera directly I got a "No GPS" notice. I bought a new GPS base but still have the "No GPS" notice and I still can't power the camera from the base.

It seems the camera itself failed for that connection and I no longer have the option to use GPS.

Going to start looking for a more reliable camera, even if the video is not as clear during the day.
it sounds like the contacts in your camera went bad and no longer make a good contact to the GPS/power module

Did I read somewhere, there are two GPS mounts and they are not interchangeable (A119 vs A129)? Something to verify?

As for removing unit from windshield 3M. I use a thin flat plaster tool or anything similar. I slowly work it off, I do lots of removal of that stuff.

it sounds like the contacts in your camera went bad and no longer make a good contact to the GPS/power module

I thought so too, but i checked and cleaned them. I also opened up the GPS base after I bought a new one and checked the joints and they look fine. It's possible it failed on the camera side and not the base side.

However, I just found out the camera was not recording for about 4 days. I had bits and pieces of parking recording and driving, but only about an hours worth out of 4 days. I really needed the video too as I witnessed a guy on a bicycle get hit by a right turning car.

I'm glad both left the scene before I could offer the video, because I would have felt like a dope not being able to provide it... that was the last straw with this camera.

This is with a less then 3 month old Viofo SD card as well...

Once I get a new camera (looking at the DR900s-2ch) i'll break open the Viofo and take a look at the contacts to see if I see any issues. Heck, maybe i'll mod it with some old giant copper CPU heat sinks to see if heat is an issue... lol

You better check the flex cable itself (resistance) - that's probably the culprit. It's even a bent in a "nasty" way due to heatsink.

DR900S isn't any better because of overheating and some other heat related issues. (but yeah, it records pretty constantly unlike A129Pro now) If anything, wait for DR900X, which probably finally will have at least a heatsink of some kind ;)

DR900S isn't any better because of overheating and some other heat related issues. (but yeah, it records pretty constantly unlike A129Pro now) If anything, wait for DR900X, which probably finally will have at least a heatsink of some kind ;)

Good to know about the X. I'll see if I can hold out for it.

I would go back to my Thinkware F770, as the ones I have in my wife's car and my "toy" car have been rock solid. If it wasn't for the near minute "boot" time switching from parking to driving mode i would just get another one. By the time I start my car, back out of a spot, and leave the parking lot is about the time it takes to switch modes... a lot can happen in that time.

Back