A129 pro dead. wont come back on after update.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Checked the firmware update whilst my camerea was connected to the app and it said there was a virmware update available. V.0.8 i think it was but not sure. Firmware downloaded then uploaded to the cam now, the cam never restarted. Left it in situ for ages powered up but it didnt reboot. Now the cam is dead. No red lights. Nothing. Any ideas before i contact the seller.

V1.1 is the latest listed on the viofo site. Manually copy the .bin firmware file to the card using a card reader, then place the card in the camera. Use a USB wall charger and the short Viofo USB cable to power during the update.

V1.1 is the latest listed on the viofo site. Manually copy the .bin firmware file to the card using a card reader, then place the card in the camera. Use a USB wall charger and the short Viofo USB cable to power during the update.

So the firmware the viofo app put on is wrong. Thats great. The cam wont come on even with the card out. It is dead.

So the firmware the viofo app put on is wrong. Thats great. The cam wont come on even with the card out. It is dead.
The camera will generally read the card before the boot sequence, so still try loading with firmware on the card. If you get no lights at all, try pressing the reset button for a few seconds. Have you tried another power source and cable?

The camera will generally read the card before the boot sequence, so still try loading with firmware on the card. If you get no lights at all, try pressing the reset button for a few seconds. Have you tried another power source and cable?
Iv just got it back on. Cam was dead for ages. Loaded the firmware from viofo and it is now working again. Lesson learned. Don't upgrade the firmware via the app.

Iv just got it back on. Cam was dead for ages. Loaded the firmware from viofo and it is now working again. Lesson learned. Don't upgrade the firmware via the app.
I reported this issue on the app back in November. So far there is nada back in response to it...
So best not to use the app to perform any firmware updates if they ever come available in the near future.

I reported this issue on the app back in November. So far there is nada back in response to it...
So best not to use the app to perform any firmware updates if they ever come available in the near future.
Was a worry. It was totaly dead for over an hour. Serious flaw in the update via the app feature. My old A129duo 1080p used to update via the app flawlessly. @viofo

Was a worry. It was totaly dead for over an hour. Serious flaw in the update via the app feature. My old A129duo 1080p used to update via the app flawlessly. @viofo
Yes, same happened to me until I pulled the sd card, formatted then reloaded the firmware downloaded from the website and all came back to normal...

Yes, same happened to me until I pulled the sd card, formatted then reloaded the firmware downloaded from the website and all came back to normal...
A serious flaw in the app update feature, i must say.

Back