A129 Pro Dual choppy video and overall disappointed

NYCDriver

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just installed the Pro Dual about 4 days ago in a 2016 Subaru outback. I had seen a review online and wanted something more reliable the setup I had which was unreliable. Living in New York City there isn't a day that goes by without needing to capture something on camera that occurs near the car.
Found the camera on Amazon for 239 with prime and figured it was 10 dollars cheaper than from Adorama (which I could have picked it up from, and after discount code, the same price as from Balckboxmycar.) I should have gone with Blackboxmycar.com. Turns out the one I got didn't come with the GPS, despite me searching for the GPS model. Live and learn.
Got the cameras installed and after 4 days or so getting a "memory error" message and no more recording. I pulled the card and it is full but apparently not looping. In addition, I looked at dozens of the files and every video is choppy- stop motion like, however the audio is smooth on all files. In addition, I don't appear to have any parking recordings despite having (what I thought) set it to do so. In addition, my remote start fob now only has a range of about 5 feet, where before I installed the A129 Pro duo, my remote start fob range was hundreds of feet.
Any suggestions on the memory issue? I have no interest in formatting the card every few days (or at any interval, since even my basic Mobius cameras never had that problem). I'm considering pulling it out and returning it.
TIA

What model SD card?

What are your parking mode settings?

The choppy video sounds like an issue with your computer/whatever device you‘re playing it on. Are you recording in 4K? Do the videos playback smooth when you view them on the mobile app?

Last edited:
Solved the choppy video problem! It's not the camera. I was playing back through Quicktime viewer on my mac. No such problem playing back through VLC!

Did you use a hard wiring kit? I don't think the parking modes work without that.

Did you use a hard wiring kit? I don't think the parking modes work without that.
Yes it does work without 3-wire kit. It'll switch to parking mode automatically after about 5 minutes of static informations (don't know if it's based on GPS, G-sensor or a footage itself)

Back