A129 Pro Duo a SD card killer?

tarkus

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I initially started using a Samsung Endurance 128 gb. It started having random beeps like a lot of people on this board, then eventually gives "memory error" and refuses to record at all. THEN, I bought a 256gb Sandisk Endurance card, and now it's starting to do exactly the same thing.

Please don't tell me to use a high quality card, both of the above cards were brand new in packaging straight into the dashcam.

Please don't tell me to format the card regularly in the camera, because I did.

Do I really just have a defective unit?

Format your card with the SD Card Formatter: SD Card Formatter - SD Association
using the "overwrite format" setting, and then format it again in the camera before use.

Some A129 Pro cameras are causing beeping when cards get slow, even with "fast" cards; that issue is fairly common and will hopefully be fixed with a firmware update soon but can also normally be solved by a full format, at least for a while.

There doesn't appear to be a card killing problem, it is likely that is just bad luck that you got a card that died, it would be good to hear a report from Samsung if it is sent back to them. The death and the beeping are unlikely to be related, might possibly have died from heat, since you are in Australia! Do you use it for parking mode?

I've formatted with the official SD card formater multiple times.

I think you may have missed the part that the same thing has happened TWICE with brand new SD cards. With my second card (Sandisk Endurance), I ran h2testw before using and it passed, now it says it is corrupted, giving a similar error message to my first card.

I use parking mode. My second card has been never been in hot weather due to the torrential rains recently and is mostly indoors anyway. The dashcam does has a problem with heat though, as it turns off with mild heat (<30C).

If I haven't had everything installed installed already I'd refund and replace this unit, it's a nightmare.

Back