A129 Pro Duo Beeping at end of card

Doc_d

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased 2 A129 Pro Duo's for my wife's vehicle and my vehicle. I purchased 2 256GB Samsung EVO Select SD cards. I installed them both with Viofo 3-wire kits. I updated both cameras to the latest firmware on Viofo's website. I have the bitrate set to maximum. I have loop recording set to 10 minutes. On both cameras and both cards, when the card is nearly full the camera will start by randomly beeping. Each time there is a short file (less than 10 minutes) with about 20 seconds of video missing between the end of that file and the start of the next. Eventually the camera will start beeping constantly. Once I reformat the card it works fine until it gets to the end of the card again.

Things I've tried...
I've tested both cards with h2testw. Neither card reported any errors.
Both cards have been reformatted in the camera quite a few times
I reformatted the cards on a PC with "quick format" disabled so each block was re-written. Then reformatted to FAT32 in the camera.
I've reset both cameras from the menu
I've reset both cameras by pushing the recessed button with a paperclip
I've re-installed the firmware a second time.

The problem still persists. I've submitted a help ticket to Viofo but have not heard back. Anything else I should try before I send them back?

Doc

Try using the included 12V car adapter and VIOFO USB power cable. One user claims this fixed their beeping issue.

I would also bring the looping setting back to the default of 3 minutes.

I purchased 2 A129 Pro Duo's for my wife's vehicle and my vehicle. I purchased 2 256GB Samsung EVO Select SD cards. I installed them both with Viofo 3-wire kits. I updated both cameras to the latest firmware on Viofo's website. I have the bitrate set to maximum. I have loop recording set to 10 minutes. On both cameras and both cards, when the card is nearly full the camera will start by randomly beeping. Each time there is a short file (less than 10 minutes) with about 20 seconds of video missing between the end of that file and the start of the next. Eventually the camera will start beeping constantly. Once I reformat the card it works fine until it gets to the end of the card again.

Things I've tried...
I've tested both cards with h2testw. Neither card reported any errors.
Both cards have been reformatted in the camera quite a few times
I reformatted the cards on a PC with "quick format" disabled so each block was re-written. Then reformatted to FAT32 in the camera.
I've reset both cameras from the menu
I've reset both cameras by pushing the recessed button with a paperclip
I've re-installed the firmware a second time.

The problem still persists. I've submitted a help ticket to Viofo but have not heard back. Anything else I should try before I send them back?

Doc
Do you pull the card to check the recordings periodically on another device and insert it back in to the camera? If so, do you format it each time it goes back in to the camera ?

I would also bring the looping setting back to the default of 3 minutes.

I reset one of the cameras back to defaults and left everything at the default settings except that I turned on parking mode event detection. The default loop time is 1 minute. I reformatted the card. It'll take a few days before we reach the end again.

Do you pull the card to check the recordings periodically on another device and insert it back in to the camera? If so, do you format it each time it goes back in to the camera ?

No I haven't been pulling the card out very much. The cards have been formatted in camera a bunch of times without being removed from the camera. When they get to the end of the card the issue starts occurring.

Doc

I reformatted the cards on a PC with "quick format" disabled so each block was re-written.
If doing a low-level format on SD cards it's best to use SDFormatter from the SD Card Association to insure everything is done properly. SD cards are somewhat unique and the native operating system format can affect card performance.

Back