A129 Pro Duo doesn't turn back on automatically after parking mode time limit (HK3)

Unspec

Reaction score
Country
United States
Currently my dash is wired with the HK3, and the parking mode time limit is set to 2 hours. I've noticed that if I get in the car and start it up after the dashcam turned off, the dash needs to be manually turned on by clicking the left most button. It won't turn on by itself. Is there any way to get it to turn on automatically via the ACC signal? It's a bit concerning since I valet park my car semi-frequently.

It should work as you expect. Are you sure about connection to the right fuse? When you turn your car off, does the camera switch into parking mode instantly (or if you set, after 90s) or not? (if there is no ACC signal, it will switch to parking mode after about 5 minutes anyway)

If you plug the USB cable into the GPS module to power up the dashcam, please try to plug it into the USB port on the camera body side.

If you plug the USB cable into the GPS module to power up the dashcam, please try to plug it into the USB port on the camera body side.

Tried both, no dice. This is on firmware 2.2

It should work as you expect. Are you sure about connection to the right fuse? When you turn your car off, does the camera switch into parking mode instantly (or if you set, after 90s) or not? (if there is no ACC signal, it will switch to parking mode after about 5 minutes anyway)

Yep, I'm fairly sure it's wired correctly as the parking mode itself works fine, it goes in and out of parking mode with my ignition and everything. It's just when it turns off after hitting the parking mode time limit that has issues.

There's a chance the camera - after being turned off, will not sense the trigger from the HK3 when it will have power on both wires again.
If you've set a parking limit time just to avoid SD card wear/fill-up (the HK3 will protect from battery drainage, so I ruled this out) maybe configuring a combination of time lapse + motion detection (or even disable motion detection and leave only the G sensor set by your liking) will have better results.

Couple things I would try. This is in no particular order.

1) Update to V2.4. Be sure to manually default the cameras settings via the menu after updating. You should also press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

2) Try tapping into different fuses.

3) Try turning on the boot delay in the settings.

Are you sure the camera is shutting off due to the parking mode timer? Could it be reaching the low voltage cuttoff?

It also could be caused by the low voltage. Please try not to connect the HK3 hardwire kit.

I had the exact same issue. Dashcam would turn off when the battery voltage dropped to the set cut-out voltage as expected. However the dashcam wouldn't restart automatically when starting the car. I was 100% positive the hardware kit was correctly tapped to the constant power and accessory fuses. (it switched automatically to parking mode when turning off the engine)

Turns out it was a faulty hk3 kit. Replaced the hk3, tapped the new kit to the exact same fuse and the issue was fixed. Out of 3 hk3 I installed 2 turned out to be faulty or didn't behave as intended so I'd bet my money on a faulty hk3

I have just tested it, and it works well.

Experiment:

1. V2.4 firmware
  2. bott delay off
  3. 12.35 V power supply
  4. HK3
  5. parking enable event detection, no timer (so jumps to parking with no time).
  6. Disconnect ACC
  7. The camera turns to parking mode
  8. After 1 minute the camera turns off.
  9. Change the HK3 to 11.8V
  10. nothing happens
  11. connect ACC
  12. The camera turns on.
  13. Disconnect ACC
  14. The camera turns to parking mode.
  15. No problem after 10 minutes...
of course, the power cable was in the camera no in the GPS. At least mine works, I don't know what could be the problem, in theory, if the only problem is when tension is too low the camera should turn on in the moment you connect the ACC cable, regardless if the tension is low or not. In my case it turns off but just when I connect the ACC it start recording as usual (no parking mode) even with low tension (yes I also make this experiment). So I guess the low tension protection is only for Battery cable.

I have just tested it, and it works well.

Experiment:

1. V2.4 firmware
  2. bott delay off
  3. 12.35 V power supply
  4. HK3
  5. parking enable event detection, no timer (so jumps to parking with no time).
  6. Disconnect ACC
  7. The camera turns to parking mode
  8. After 1 minute the camera turns off.
  9. Change the HK3 to 11.8V
  10. nothing happens
  11. connect ACC
  12. The camera turns on.
  13. Disconnect ACC
  14. The camera turns to parking mode.
  15. No problem after 10 minutes...
of course, the power cable was in the camera no in the GPS. At least mine works, I don't know what could be the problem, in theory, if the only problem is when tension is too low the camera should turn on in the moment you connect the ACC cable, regardless if the tension is low or not. In my case it turns off but just when I connect the ACC it start recording as usual (no parking mode) even with low tension (yes I also make this experiment). So I guess the low tension protection is only for Battery cable.

I think you're misunderstanding the problem. The camera is turning off after hitting time limit (in my case, 2 hours), not voltage cut off. If it turns off due to voltage, it actually boots up properly. But if it turns off after hitting time limit, it must be manually turned on.

I think you're misunderstanding the problem. The camera is turning off after hitting time limit (in my case, 2 hours), not voltage cut off. If it turns off due to voltage, it actually boots up properly. But if it turns off after hitting time limit, it must be manually turned on.
Yes, you are right.

Enviado desde mi ELS-NX9 mediante Tapatalk

Can pretty much confirm that it's a camera or firmware issue. Goes into and wakes up from parking mode properly when it hasn't hit time cut off, so it's not a hardwire kit issue. Not a voltage issue either, as I verified my voltage with a multimeter and it was at 12.2 when I went to my car today, and it's set to cut off at 11.8. Power cord is plugged directly into the camera.

Could try reloading the FW, that's about all that's left which an owner can do. Even if you're on default settings, click that in the menu afterward as that seems to make FW loads behave better.

Phil

Do it do this with every parking guard duration you select ?

The A139 i was given to test handle 1 hour on the timer just fine ( enter and exit after timeout )
I am having problems getting the parking guard duration when i select longer time ( 6 hours ), but it dont appear to be low voltage cut off that kick in, and also not heat as some of my tests have been after sunset and so no direct sun on the camera.

Do it do this with every parking guard duration you select ?

The A139 i was given to test handle 1 hour on the timer just fine ( enter and exit after timeout )
I am having problems getting the parking guard duration when i select longer time ( 6 hours ), but it dont appear to be low voltage cut off that kick in, and also not heat as some of my tests have been after sunset and so no direct sun on the camera.

Same issue on 30 min as well.

Having the same issue with my A129 Pro. I do not have a timer set, but the same thing happens when I don't drive for a few days and the hardwire kit shuts off the camera after voltage drop. It enters parking mode fine, but restarting after voltage shutoff will keep camera in parking mode.

I had a A119 V3 prior with the same hardwire kit and never had issues. Considering switching back to that camera...

Firmware 2.5 does not resolve issue still. This is a pretty big deal for me since several times now I've driven around town without my dashcam on because I forgot this stupid feature is broken. If I leave it off, the voltage cut off for the hardwire kit still triggers a battery discharge warning even at the highest voltage cut off, and my car then needs to be manually unlocked. This feature needs to be fixed.

Back